Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How old were your kids when...

What age were your kids when they wanted to start making things?

Both my girls have wanted to craft since they were really little, from about 3 years old. It must be in the genes because I love crafting with them!

Kate x

2. # ADS

Oh that's wonderful. I haven't got kids but I want to teach them to craft as soon as possible

No kids, but plenty of next generation from my siblings. Crafting seems to be innate. Some kids will, some won't, and many will only dabble once in a while. Let's hope that they learn while they are young and make use of their skills and talent when they want to.

You know how some traits seem to skip a generation? I'm intensely crafty and have been since being a toddler. My mom was the den-mother for my sister's Camp Fire Girl group, and she was trying every craft in the handbook to keep the girls occupied. Worked on me instead.

My grandmother was pretty crafty, but ya kinda had to be way back then. My sister not so much. Her daughter not so much, but my great niece is a crafting fiend of whatever trend is hottest for seven year olds. She's been cooking and crafting since maybe 5 yrs old. It's my sister that's helping her though. At her ripe old age, she has to come to me from time to time and describes something and then asks how it was made. I think she regrets not taking the time to learn some of this stuff when she was a kid.

My youngest brother's daughter and her mother did craft kit type things from when she was preschool. Her mom is the only crafty one in her family, but it's pedestrian stuff and she doesn't riff on them. Her daughter is in college now, but is distinctly uncrafty. It may come back to her when she needs it.

I taught her to use crayons at 2. From then on she learned how to draw.

Right around 18 mos.

started to crawl at 9 months and it seems like a week later he was walking

I am glad to see kids showing interest in crafts.
    Last edited by peggyclausen; 04-14-2016 at 12:53 AM.

both my kids started doing crafts at about 18th months

Its wonderful to hear that your kids went on you. Doing Craft is my one of the favorite hobby since when I was about 5 years old. I am very happy that new generation kids are also showing interest in Arts and crafts. My 4 year old niece Going Best Huntington Day Care, wherein she learns many new craft activities, and makes greetings and new innovative gifts for birthday occasions.

I have two girls 6 ad 9 an If I make something, they always want to help me. I remember when Kayla was 3 she always wanted to help me. So in my opinion, you should let your kids to help if they want

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads