Should I Let My Children Listen to Rap?

Recently one of my eight year old daughter's friends showed her a rap song that she liked and for whatever reason my daughter wants to listen to more songs like these. Normally she'll ask me to find songs for her and download them onto her computer so she can listen to them so she's asked me to find her rap songs. All the songs that I've found are incredibly vulgar and inappropriate so I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on kid friendly songs? Or if I should even be letting her listen to these songs? Thanks so much!

xoxo,
    Cheryl

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by kraftymomma840 View Post
    Recently one of my eight year old daughter's friends showed her a rap song that she liked and for whatever reason my daughter wants to listen to more songs like these. Normally she'll ask me to find songs for her and download them onto her computer so she can listen to them so she's asked me to find her rap songs. All the songs that I've found are incredibly vulgar and inappropriate so I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on kid friendly songs? Or if I should even be letting her listen to these songs? Thanks so much!

xoxo,
    Cheryl
    They should be allowed to discern on their own. We should not meddle in everything

lol, why not? i don't see any problem here.

I personally wouldn't allow my 7 year old to hear it. Most rap is about drugs, money, sex, and materialistic mindsets. It is vulgar and gross. Music has too big of an influence on a young child's mind.

Remove Ads

Ads