Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I don't have kids and advice on this directly, but I recently read a short thread on the same topic in a comics forum:

http://www.talkaboutcomics.com/phpBB...2f7bcd9ce5cd06

2. # ADS

Hey - thanks for posting that. I recently read about Pancake Mountain, but then had forgotten about it. I'd love to get that show! We have access to quite a few music videos through our digital cable, and that's how our daugther first saw Franz Ferdinand.

french pop! kids love france gall and francoise hardy.

My daughter loved to listen to Johnathan Richman and The rev horton heat .."eat steak" she's on this toni basil kick and she loves Elvis! The power Puff soundtrack does rock! We both like the Charlie's Angel soundtrack too!

I don't have kids, but I listened to a lot of Queen growing up. A lot. Of Queen.

Have you tried Babaloo, Punk Mambo? That's a good dancin' cd.
    We also put on good old Johnny Cash.
    The O Brother Where Art Thou mixes things up nicely.
    Buena Vista Social Club, mostly for me.
    We listen to a bunch of Bob Marley and Squirrel Nut Zippers (my husband's and my first date was to one of their shows so I also feel extra happy to see my son dance to them)
    How about the David Grisman and Jerry Garcia Not For Kids Only cd - it's not bad.

We're big Dan Zanes fans - we even saw DZ and friends in concert and they totally ROCK.

I've enjoyed reading other people's posts and already have a list for the library. Thanks!

My kids have grown up listening to a lot of Motown and classic rock but now are really into Franz Ferdinand, Bowling for Soup, Good Charlotte, Green Day, and a few others. My 13 year old son loves Billy Joel, Blue Oyster Cult, Five For Fighting, and Barenaked Ladies. My daughter is partial to the Grass Roots (can you believe it?!), Faith Hill, Kelly Clarkson, Tom Petty, Eddie Money, and Tim McGraw.

They are also exposed to classical, jazz, and folk music at school. Music classes were unheard of way back when in the 70's when I was in elementary school, and I think it just rocks that my kids are being exposed to such a variety of music and are learning how to read music and play instruments right in school.

Patty

billy joel, elton john, ohhh the roaches are good for a little quirky twist, they're these ladies that sing about just the most random stuff.. hall & oates...Counting Crows? Blind Melon, maybe? uhh cyndi lauper? ... hahah i am so far away from having kids, i'm just throwing out some things that might be fun. bonnie tyler, janis joplin... 80s power songs, like some mariah carey/whitney houston songs? i used to jam out to those a lot when i was a kid. MUSICALS...

Abba

The Monkey Boys have very definte tastes in music:

Will, the 10yo Cello Boy likes Yes(?), Beatles, James, BNL, Cure, Kronos Quartet, Rachel's, the Piano Elvis Costello, Dave Matthews, Sting, Norah Jones, David Gray, assorted jazz, etc. More quiet, or orcheastral. Spends his allowance on sheet music, WarCraft, and X-Box.

Harry is a wild man. Ramones. Ataris. Libertines. Sex Pistols. Clash. Shrek soundtracks. Smashmouth. He loves a compilation "Saturday Morning" with Retro cartoon theme covers by Ramones("Spiderman"), etc. Just used his allowance for a compliation,"Punk Rock is Your Freind" with Ataris, The Vandals, etc.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads