Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Venting Moms' Cafe

It's not that crafty but damn sometimes we need it. I thought this might be a place to vent, get support, and hopefully be able to energize us for all the mom work we do.

I'm too tired and grumpy to even vent at the moment but I'll be back and hopefully we can share a chai, vent and then laugh together!

2. # ADS

sounds good to me! i think perhaps it would be a good place to do a little bragging as well? of course, i've nothing to brag about or vent about today. been an uneventful but good day. smooth sailing for the most part. smooth enough to get over the few bumps.

I'm really surprised that I have nothing to vent about right now. My kids have been... behaved today. Weird. Oh well, I'll probably be back tomorrow ;).

This isnt to gripe about my kids...it's the kids that my daughter goes to school with. My daughter (she's 10) has been practicing her little heart out to prepare for the upcoming cheerleader tryouts. Well, she tells me last night while she's sobbing that she is giving up because a few of the grils are making fun of her because she cant jump as high as them or cant do splits and strattles as well. My heart was breaking. I tried to talk her into going but it didnt work. How do you other Moms handle it when your kid gets picked on or bullied?

Oh, MRSM103!!! I am so sorry!

I don't know how to handle it myself. My daughter is only five and she has been picked on a couple of times already in her very short elementary school career. The last thing she came to me with was about her being skinny. To me she is a perfectly normal looking child (well, waaaayyy more than that, of course) I don't see how she could be picked on for being skinny...but, i guess she was. I just told her that it is perfectly okay to be skinny, I pointed out that her dad is skinny, her cousins, her grandma's....I also took the time to tell her that it is okay to be whatever shape you are born with. Since she is only 5 I tried not to get too deep, I just don't know if I said enough.

My personal gripe of the day is....I am friggin tired because my son is sick and won't stay asleep for more than 2 hours at a time. And I practically had to shove my husband out of bed at 6 am because I was tired of getting up!

MAN. i feel for your kids. i really do. i was picked on BIG time when i was their age, and pretty much throughout highschool. kids are so freaking cruel. early on in elementary school, i don't know the reason. later it was because i was smart, and hung out with the other smart girls. then it was the acne. then it was because i was a little hello kitty goth girl. perhaps that's WHY i went the rebellious route.... to mess with the people that messed with ME! my best friend and i would hold hands. they'd make some sort of derogatory lesbian remark (which we weren't, not that it matters....) so we'd play on it, do a little grab ass. they'd call us satanic so we'd hiss at them. point and make up some hex in a made up language.

wish i had some sort of advice for helping out the younger kids other than explaining to them that it makes the bullies to feel better about themselves by putting someone else down. but when they're that young, i know nothing really helps - it hurts so bad. i hope my kids don't go through what i went through.

oh - just thought of one good, completely innocent comeback for little kids that are called "chicken" - my mom taught me this one when i was little - "I'd rather be a chicken than a dead duck!"

It doesn't matter where you live, where your kids go to school, or how you raise them -- somewhere, someday they will get picked on....and it pisses me off! Nobody's daughter should be reduced to sobbing because she doesn't jump as high as someone else. Where the hell was the coach or teacher? I'd be having a conversation with one of them pretty darn soon. Those girls maybe didn't think that your daughter would be affected the way she was and they need to be told that their words hurt. On the other hand, if they did know they were hurting your daughter, they should be banned from the cheerleading team and taught a lesson. I have absolutely zero tolerance for bullies, and even less patience with their parents.

My vent for the day...

Patty

i forgot to mention that i, the unpopular picked-on girl made the cheerleading squad so HA! the fools called me the "satanic cheerleader" because i wore black etc... so many of the popular girls that didn't make it surely felt humiliated and many threatened to kick my butt. then i wound up quitting the squad - i didn't want anything to do with those girls that either were the bullies, or were their friends. plus, it was too big and nobody worked together so we really sucked and wasn't willing to go thru the humiliation of competition.... they came in last place!

My almost 3 year old is suddenly acting like a 16 year old and I swear it's because he got a bicycle. Okay, not really, but it seems like he got a taste of freedom and just ran with it. If he says, "I'm not in the mood" one more time I'm going scream. I did the whole speech about how sometimes he gets to decide what he's in the mood for and other times, take cleaning up for example, he really doesn't. I can do it calm for like maybe 2 times and then I go nuts. Breath deep. We raise them to independent right? He's just being developmentally appropriate right? For the record I was pushing for a tricycle (I had a total 'my baby's growing up' teary moment at the bike shop). He told me the tricycle was for someone with a "tiny, tiny body" and that the bike "worked better for his body". Then he jumped on and pedaled off deep into the store. Oh man, I'm in trouble!

My daughter will be three in June and she, too, is pushing independence. It's my fault. I've been teaching her stuff like pottying on her own and crafting using her imagination. I admit, I give her choices about lunch and clothes. Now she thinks EVERYTHING is a choice and should be done by her and no one else! We've been debating the tricycle/bicycle thing because she really is a little tall for most trikes, but she doesn't have the coordination for a bike, yet.

Your son sounds quite funny. Although I would hate it if my daughter kept telling me she wasn't in the mood, she does tell me to leave her alone for five minutes. (I tell her that if she's bugging me and I need a little quiet time.) Anyway, I'll have a moment of silence here for our babies who aren't anymore. They're not even toddlers. They're KIDS!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads