Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Wow Jean, when do you get time to shower? I'm so glad you want to reclaim the term "housewife"!!!! I think I may have to do a pillow along those lines!;) I was disappointed when reading the Do and Don't section in my new Galmour magazine; 37% said it was a do to call yourself a housewife and 63% said it was a don't! Very dissapointed! I take pride in calling myself a housewife!!!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    i have two sons, sebastien, 9 weeks, and sydney 23 months. two under two. there are moments when i feel like i'm losing my mind and i can no longer think straight.
    my 2 kids are 19 months apart. baby girl just turned one yesterday. it's really interesting when they're that close in age because you have it fresh in your mind what the other one was doing at that point.... not comparing. just contrasting. is your older son helpful with the baby yet? my son has become a fantastic helper in the past few months - i forget sometimes that he's barely more than 2 1/2. then he gives me some giant reality check....

lucky you for having such a supportive and helpful husband. believe me, you'll be needing it - it will surely get even crazier. i really lost it when suddenly the baby wasn't sleeping most of the day. and now she's up and about. 2 kids, 4 kittens, a childish husband.... aaack! there is rarely a time where more than 2 minutes go by that somebody doesn't need something. i take every iota of help i can, not that i get that much. so i jump at every chance - in fact, the two are off to their grandparent's for a couple of days. before my daughter was born, i was really apprehensive about him going to stay with them even overnight. now i'm happy for any little break i can get! hoping for a very productive couple of days.

i'd have to say one great thing about them being so close in age for me is that they keep me so busy that i've lost all my pregnancy weight without dieting or regimented exercise!

oh girl. i totally relate to the taking all the help you can get. my mom friends are constantly holding the baby at the park!

isn't it weird to be so in need by your family? i find this the most surprising thing about being a mom. i like being important that way, but sometimes i want to just take a poop in peace. you know what i mean?

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    oh girl. i totally relate to the taking all the help you can get. my mom friends are constantly holding the baby at the park!

isn't it weird to be so in need by your family? i find this the most surprising thing about being a mom. i like being important that way, but sometimes i want to just take a poop in peace. you know what i mean?
    AMEN! today was the first time in i don't know how long i had that luxury . i was definitely lamenting that same thing yesterday. just get out. close the door. be quiet. be nice and don't make your sister cry. pleeeease!

last night was the GREATEST. i was single and childless for 14 hours. didn't have to do nuthin for nobody. so i sat around and crocheted and watched the daily show without crashing out midway. stayed up late and puttered around, saving the cleaning for today. i'll get around to it. i'm just happy not being constantly needed! i can't remember the last time that's happened.

HI there!
    Wow!! All your kids are just gorgeous!!!
    I'm Cindy, age 40, Stay-at-home Mommy to 2 wonderful boys. Robert (Robby) is 10 1/2, eats like a horse, is home schooled, loves to draw and play with Legos (esp. Bionicles), has a vocab. far beyond what mine was at that age, and has gotten that pre-teen attitude. The kid is going to be a real lady killer....he gets along w/ all the girls in the neighborhood, and gets followed around by the ones who are a bit younger! LOL!! He has beautiful green eyes, just like my sister's, but he looks like a mini male version of me.
    Cameron (Cami) is 3 1/2. He is such a little imp!! He is the dare devil of the 2 boys, always jumping off furniture and getting bruises-no fear whatsoever. (EEP!) He is also a major love bug! He is so incredibly sweet and loves to cuddle with family and stuffed animals, and get cozy under blankies. He is also extremely stubborn..he's the one who says "no" to everything! He has amazing blue eyes just like my DH. In act, he physically resembles my husband at that age...tall and sturdy w/ solid muscular legs.
    We also have 2 cats, Kaatje, who was our 1st baby-she's black and white, and turns 13 this summer. She is the one who's tolerant of the kids.
    Otis, the male, is a greyish-brown striped kitty. He's about 9, I think. He was abandoned by our former neighbors and was so darned cute, we couldn't resist.
    I absolutely LOVE having sons. They are sort of like the brothers I never had! I would like to try for a girl....SOON! I ain't gettin' any younger! My frinds and family think I'm nuts for wanting #3. But they always think I'm a nutcase anyway. But isn't that what Aquarians are supposed to do? Shock people?? LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sewlittletime
    I would like to try for a girl....SOON! I ain't gettin' any younger! My frinds and family think I'm nuts for wanting #3. But they always think I'm a nutcase anyway. But isn't that what Aquarians are supposed to do? Shock people?? LOL!!
    here's one of my nutcase theories. ok. not really MY theory, but i definitely agree with it:

babies that are conceived in the winter tend to be male and those that are conceived in the summer tend to be female. apparently the temperature of the, um, father's jewels tends to effect this. of course, i was conceived in the winter so i'm an anomolie. but it's true with my kids and all the target clearance stuff for certain seasons is always picked out when i need stuff for my daughter and son. alsways stuff for that season fot the opposite sex.

[ but sometimes i want to just take a poop in peace. you know what i mean?[/quote]

My daughter Ava is almost 9 yrs old and I cannot remember the last time I had the bathroom to myself with someONE or Two wanting to share the 6X10 cell. I was trying to take a bath, Ava had a full discriptive outlook on how she was going to celebrate her Halloween and what costume she wanted me to make her 5 months in advance...as I shaved my legs.
    My name is Danielle, I live in Encinitas CA. I love to be the Domestic Engineer that I am. I retired from the workforce almost a year ago and I do more now than when I worked.

I've been thinking along those same line, Sara!
    My sons were born in Dec. and Jan., which of course means they were conceived in the late spring/early summer. So I figure if we try in the late summer/early fall or winter, I'll get my girl! LOL!!
    Hey....it could work, right??

Hooray to talk to so many at-home-crafty-mums!

I've been an at-home-mum since my daughter Lollipop arrived when I was 20. Now I have a son too, Bobo, and he's going to be two in a couple of months (oh how the time flies!).

Before I stayed at home I was a PA, working the old 9-to-5. It took a while to feel proud of staying at home as I felt like I was totally out of touch with other people my age, and I found it hard to say to people that I was a Housewife.

Now, I am SO proud and I know that being at home is the best thing I can do for my little chidlers; my daughter is at school and at the age of four and half was the youngest member of the school council! My son since the age of 18 months has known 9 shapes (including pentagon), numbers from 1 - 10, and half the alphabet. I think the benefits from being at home far outweigh those from going to work just to earn some extra money (well for me it is anyway).

Now, I have got my own website as a little sideline, as the next step on from doing something I really enjoy, which is making things. Who knows what will happen over the next few years, but for now, watching my babies growing and changing, and being able to have freedom to do things that I like (apart from the ironing *bleurgh*), I am have found Pure Domestic Bliss :D

I am not relishing going through potty training again though.. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Sewlittletime
    I've been thinking along those same line, Sara!
    My sons were born in Dec. and Jan., which of course means they were conceived in the late spring/early summer. So I figure if we try in the late summer/early fall or winter, I'll get my girl! LOL!!
    Hey....it could work, right??
    shoot, you're in western NY - you've got the perfect summer weather for making a girl! i'll be in your neck-o-the woods late july. i'll send you some girl vibes when i'm local!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads