Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Introduce Yourself and Your Kiddo/s

This is kind of like the introduce yourself thread in freestyle but I thought it could be intro you and your kiddo/s. And kiddos has a broad definition, kids, cats, birds, whatever!

I'm a stay at home mom of a soon to be 3 year old.
    Still looking for ideas for his Robot B.Day party!
    I was a 1st grade teacher before I had my son.
    I grew up in Thailand.
    I have a younger brother and we just started a monthly art swap.
    I'm addicted to yard/rummage sales.

Here are two photos of the boy. The first is him in a more reflective, creative mood and the second is my crazy favorite of him the moment he developed a personal style!

2. # ADS

i'm sarabell, and i'm a homegirl in the literal sense.... i, too, am a stay at home mom, my son is 2 1/2, my daughter will be 1 in just a couple weeks. my husband is quite childish as well. we have a mama kitty and her litter of 3 week-old kittens. they're just starting to get mobile so my house will soon be crazier than ever! crafting takes precedence over housework in my list of priorities, so i'm more apt to be crocheting than cleaning. i'll craft whenever i get the whim. clean when i have to.

we moved to the boonies in WA state about 2 years ago and i don't know too many people that aren't related to my husband. getcrafty is pretty much the only way i get to interact with anyone that i have anything in common with, other than my sister, gingerandlulu, the craftista who taught me the virtues of craftiness when ever since i was a young child. but she lives in cali.... here's a shot of pony boy and cha cha. not the best pic, but do you have any idea how hard it is to get a good picture of 2 tots at once???? (don't worry - those aren't their real names!)

Quote Originally Posted by sarabell

here's a shot of pony boy and cha cha. not the best pic, but do you have any idea how hard it is to get a good picture of 2 tots at once???? (don't worry - those aren't their real names!)
    I was actually kind of excited that those might be their real names... :-)

I love baby pictures.

My kids are featured on my blog...link below.

I am not a stay at home mom and on normal days I wish I was...but today my house looks like a tornado hit it and I would rather be digging ditches than cleaning it (yeah, but I just have to put it off for this evening...)

I am also very very tired because my 1 year old son is either teething or really hates the idea of sleeping for more than two hours per night.

There...my head almost literally hit the desk.

Slinkster wrote:

My kids are featured on my blog...link below.
    Your kids are so cute! I think the barefoot flower girls worked out perfectly!!! I loved the orange with the pink. You have an Aden and I have an Eben. Now that I write that down it's not that similar... :) Adorable kids and a bookmarked your blog!

All of y'all have some damn cute kids... my kids are dogs... (Litereally, canines, not just unattractive...)

I work in Finance for a large co. in Boston. I've worked there for about 16 years--not in the same position of course. . .

I will be married 3 years this coming June 15.

I have my Bachelor's and Master's degrees.

I have one son who is almost 18 mos. now. I was a stay-at-home mom for a year after he was born--I was called back to work this February unexpectedly . . . more about that on my blogs.

Here he is at one year in a hat I made him:

Here he is at 16 mos. playing w/my yarn:

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyknitz
    my kids are dogs... (Litereally, canines, not just unattractive...)
    oh my god, that made me laugh hard.

I'm Karen, I've overshared in enough other posts here that I'll limit my info in this thread to info about my baby.

my two-year-old girlie is nicknamed Rabbit. she loves books and animals and building blocks and being outside. she's very smart and very independent and assertive and I am waiting for her to draw some sort of quadratic equation in the bathtub with her tub crayons.

I have no idea what I'm doing half the time.

our biggest struggle right now is naptime, since she's learned how to sneak out of bed, go play with toys, and run back to the bed and pull the covers back up really fast when she hears footsteps.

I also have a five-year-old stepdaughter, but we only get to see her about twice a year because she lives in Alabama with her mom. so needless to say I don't do a lot of the parenting with her because she doesn't really view me as a parental figure. (I didn't even get to meet her until she was three, although I've been with her dad since before she was born -- long story.)

[quote="moon_lemming"]
    Quote Originally Posted by kissmyknitz
    I have no idea what I'm doing half the time.
    My theory on motherhood...if you know what you are doing all of the time you are probably doing it wrong.

Okay, so maybe that is just to make me feel better...

These are my two babies. The cow cat is Ezra and the little tabby is Muffy.

EDIT
    I forgot to put in my own info.

I am a 20 year old from Maryland, living in Philadelphia. Right now I'm going to school and working over in Camden. My hobbies include biking, attempting to sew, cooking and avoiding cleaning at all costs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads