Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks you so much for your kind words!! I was feeling so guilty yesterday throughout this whole thing-not b/c we decided to let her go, but b/c there were signs that she was sick and we totally missed them. She had lost a few lbs., but we figured it was aging..and she was overweight anyway! She had seemed thirstier than usual and wasn't cuddling up w/ us like usual. Now I realize that it was her that was urinating in our piles of dirty laundry in the basement...her kidneys were starting to become damaged from trying to compensate for the high glucose in her system. OY!! My poor sweet baby!

Let's see...pudding asked for some good Kaatje stories. We got her as an 8 wk old from a co-worker of my sister's. I didn't have a cat carrier, so I brought a small laundry basket w/ some fuzzy towels when I went to pick her up. She ended up climbing out of the basket on the drive home, and climbing into the hood of my jacket and passed out! So my husband's first look at her was this little sleepy fuzzball in my hood!
    As a kitten, every morning she would dig her nails into the mattress and climb up on the bed (cringe at the sound!), then curl up by my head. My DH said it was hysterical to look over at me and see these 2 little ears sprouting out of my head! When she'd get hungry, she'd nip at my earlobe. Once she even nipped at my DH's nostrils...you know, that divot that seperates your nostrils? OWWWWIE!
    We have several pictures of her sticking her head way inside our cups of water until you couldn't see any of it. It amazed us that she never got a cup stuck on her head! She loved peanut butter-everytime my DH made a PB sammich, she was there, licking at the PB b/t the slices of bread. The vet used to always ask how she got such a shiny coat...must have been the peanut oil!
    Oh yes...as a kitten, she used to leap off our bed w/ her legs sprwawled out, like a skydiver. It was hysterical to watch! Later on, as she got bigger, she would land w/ a loud thud. We decided that she must have a depth perception problem b/c she never liked to jump onto counters and such. She would get up to high places by hopping up to a chair 1st.
    That's all I can think of now. I'll try to get a picture of her in my album today so y'all can see what a pretty baby she was!

2. # ADS

Hey there, please post your photo! We'd all like to see little Kaatje.

Your stories about her were wonderful to read. How blessed you were to be able to spend eleven years with her! And, how lucky she was to have such a loving family! It sounds like she had a really incredible life!

del

Aw- i'm so sorry to hear this. I lost my cat back in August last year and still really miss him.

awww...I totally sympathize for you. My family treats every pet like on of the family, and my mom and dad even have a pet cemetary for a back yard. It's truly awful when our loved ones go, and I still get sad when I think of my first bird, Grover, or my last kitty, Kiki, who died this summer. But I try to think about how much they filled my life with joy and that hopefully our family made their lives joyful as well. I love the stories and memories of your kitty, she sounds like a dear.

My sister reminded me today, that Kaatje was the one who knew I was pregnant w/ our 2nd son long before I knew! she spent quite a lot of time curled up next to me and being super lovey to me. It was very cute! She was always very tolerant of both our boys and never ever swiped at them w/ her claws. when she'd had enough of their rather rough loving, she'd simply bail out and go hide for a while.

I'm sorry about your Kitty. Like someone said earlier in the thread, it is a very hard thing to do. (((BIG HUGS)))

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads