What's going around?

My daughter has been running a temp since Sunday. My husband's co-worker (works in a different building) has a son (they live many miles away from us), same age, same symptoms. I called my daughter's preschool and they claim to have had no reports of anything going around, and she those are the only people with whome she is in close contact.

What about you guys? Besides allergies and the usual, what is going around?

I should add, I give my daughter kiddy Tylenol tablets to allow her temp to go down during the day. She gets all gaggy (no matter how good they taste) and throws up. SO frustrating!

On top of that, there's the nagging fear that I will be next seeing as how I am in such close proximity of her all day.

2. # ADS

I'm in Indiana. Things going around the elementary school and little league park are:

-strep throat
    -some kind of stomach bug involving copious butt-soup
    -head or chest cold

My family has been passing all 3 back and forth. My daughter just finished a course of antibiotics for strep, and last night she said her throat hurt again. Aw, HAIL naw!

my baby girl had a temperature for a day and a half. no other symptoms than literally one drip from her little nose. not teething. just really hot. her whole body. not cranky or any more sensitive than usual. took an extra nap, but that was about it. weird. didn't pass it on to her brother, either.

what were the other symptoms? have you tried those tylenol strips? wonder if she'd gag less. guess they're like the listerine pocket pack things - i'm pretty sure it's tylenol that makes them. going to get some of those for our little plane ride so i don't get covered with cherry goo.....

Quote Originally Posted by sarabell
    just really hot. her whole body.
    They get to be like little electric blankets without the blanket. And higher temps are normal whereas with adults the same temp would be excessive! That's always disconcerting.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabell
    what were the other symptoms? have you tried those tylenol strips? wonder if she'd gag less.
    Those are pretty much the symptoms. A temp that makes her grumpy and sensitive and have chills - all basically symptoms of the high temp. But now she is afraid to eat or drink for fear of barfing. I haven't tried the strips. I swear, I get so tired of forking out cash (that stuff gets expensive!) for some new thing she'll try and then refuse. I've tried homeopathic lolipops and spray mist (which actually does work until she refuses to open her mouth). We got the meltable (is that right?) watermelon flavored kind this time around. I think they taste ok, but they do have an awful aftertaste!

Quote Originally Posted by neuroticdawg
    copious butt-soup
    mmm...my favorite kind!

Sounds similar to what's been going around here (MA). My son (3) had a high fever and was totally not himself. He didn't eat much and cried/whined a lot. That developed into an intense cough and the runniest nose I've ever seen (and I've taught pre-school). It's been almost 2 weeks and I'd say he's just now himself again. (the fever part lasted about 3 1/2 days only - we gave him liquid tylenol. He takes it if he gets to squeeze it himself) His best little buddy has it now.

Remove Ads

Ads