Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I saw an old episode of Martha where she used random buttons to keep pairs together. She just hooked earring onto button before placing in jar/jewelry box/etc. You could even color code them this way...

2. # ADS

[quote="hankerific"]I saw an old episode of Martha where she used random buttons to keep pairs together. She just hooked earring onto button before placing in jar/jewelry box/etc. You could even color code them this way...[/quote

i like that idea. will have to try that if i ever get enough pairs to necessitate organization! some of "martha's" tips and ideas are great - maybe someday, the staff members that actually come up with most of those ideas will get proper recognition!

i just organized mine a while back. i had a 12x12 metal magnet/tack board from Crate & Barrell. It's supposed to be used in an office but its great to slide the earrings in the small tack holes. I also hang my braclets on it. it seems to work better to see everything out in the open, rather than stuck in a box- then i forget about the cool earrings i have:)

I'm making an earring rack out of an old picture frame. I removed the glass and backing from the frame and I have strips of ribbon and lace to string horizontially so that earrings anc be easily removed. I got the idea from a product in Linda Anderson catalog.

canary- your idea sounds much cooler than mine. i hope you post pics when you finish so i can copy it! :0)

if you need a travel case, try one of those plastic containers you use to contain your vitamins/meds.

stella- i too have stretched lobes(yay!). i'm only at 00, but my target size is 7/16ths. i cant wait to start a jewelry collection of my own- i think the vitamin cases could work really well for plugs, too.

Those semi-clear plastic boxes with movable dividers that they sell in the tools section at Target, etc. for keeping screws and stuff in work great for organizing earrings & other jewelry items. (works for travel too)

i'm not sure if something like this has already been suggested..but here is what i made to organize my earrings. It only really works for non-stud earrings, but they're the only kind I own or ever really wear. Anyways I made a wooden frame and used foam and a purpley shiney fabric and upholstered the frame. Then i took chicken wire, the kind that have the smaller holes and attatched it to the back. It looks kinda cute and your earings just hang from the wire. My mom made a medicine cabinet type one with a door she painted flowers on and everything but unfortunately i am not that talented with woodworking. Maybe this will give you some inspiration, and good luck with your project!

Thanx for the Martha idea Hankerific. I did it this weekend while watching tv and it gave me a good use for my random buttons and it's much easier to pick out earrings in my jewelry box now!

i knew someone who took an old 7 inch record and used the tip of a screw driver and a light to make little holes in it. it looked really rad and she hung up all her dangly earrings on it! i want to try it myself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads