Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Organizing My Earings

Ok, so I realize that the fate of the world doesn't hang in the balance, but I'm still looking for tips.

I recently got my ears pierced, and on Friday I can take out my starter earings. I had pierced ears as a kid, but I let them close up about ten years ago. One thing that I remember from my past earing experiences is that it was really hard to find matching pairs of earings: they all got jumbled up in my jewelry box. I would like to be more organized this time and keep them in pairs. Does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking maybe I could hang some sort of ribbon on my wall and poke them through that.

2. # ADS

When I was a kid I had several plastic "things" with pre-punched holes in them. I had a ladder so I could put earrings on the rungs and a flower with holes in the petals and leaves. My mom made me keep them sorted out. Today, I have bad habits. I have all of my jewelry jumbled together and am trying to develop a more user friendly system. Anyway, the earring holders worked well for post earrings. I found that hooks were very hard to get in and out of the plastic. I think a ribbon hanging from the wall would work, although I have never tried it. Good luck!

This craftster project was mentioned before in regards to what to do with old records, it's a record earring holder. Kinda cool.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=30019.0

when i wore normal earrings, i hung an old piece of crocheted lace on the wall in my bathroom and stuck my earrings in that. it's especially easy with earwire earrings since you can just hook them over the lace and not worry about putting a back on.

now that i have 1/2" ear-holes, i just keep my jewelry in a pretty dish.

The plastic boxes they sell for embroidery floss work pretty well, it's about the right size and you've got all those little compartments. Teeny posts can be put together of course. Not as attractive as lace, but you gain something in portability.

I bought this http://www.ear-nest.com and it's the first time I ever had organized jewelry. The wire mesh on a frame didn't work for me. Neither did a jewelry box.

Not terribly creative, but I use plastic ice molds for making ice. They are cheap and can be found in dollar stores. I put a pair in each mold, and stack them on top of each other in my drawers. HTH.

I also keep them all jumbled up together in a box (ok, numerous boxes) but my hint is for post earrings -- i thread one of the earring posts thru the back of other, putting the back on it and hooking them together -- if that makes sense...

Thanks, y'all. I think I shall make the record one while saving up money to buy the ear nest one.

I just started using the record one recently for my hook-back earrings, and a thin old necktie for the post-back ones. I think a strip of felt might work as well as the tie, though. Anyway, a great improvement over my former candy dish/tiny jar method. Now I just have to figure out what to do with my hoops.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads