Spring Cleaning?

I never really did the spring cleaning thing, but it seems I have sorta fallen into it by circumstance. I moved a few months back, and had very little furniture, so a lot of my belongings were stacked (see-thrown) on the floor. Recently, in helping move my father and sister in law, I acquired lots of furniture as well as got my wonderful dresser back, and I bought my very own bed as well. So now it's clean, clean, clean and reorganize too. Here's my list of cleaning/redecoration chores. I thought it would be nice to hear what other people do, if anything, for spring cleanouts, or what cleaning/redecorating projects are being done now that the warm weath approaches.

1. get boy to hook up all of his computer gear and get it off the floor.

2. fix found bookshelf to make it more sturdy, and since it is storing extra clothes, make a nice curtain/cover for it.

3. Put up shelves

4. Organize craft supplies

5. Take down ucky blinds and cover window with rice paper.

2. # ADS

I have been totally spring cleaning and "nesting" lately. We moved here last fall and I started grad school right away. I never had time to decorate or even fully unpack, and now I'm having a blast making curtains, figuring out storage ideas, and doing little touches.

I'm going room by room, first the front porch, which had become like a closet, is now the "music room" with a bookshelf with all of our music related books, our record collection, our extra stereo and some comfy chairs.

I just finished up the bathroom by making some new curtains and a skirt for the sink (it's one of those with exposed pipes underneath rather than a cupboard) and found a great little shelf/basket contraption to put underneath now.

Next is the bedroom, I need to find a thrift store low bureau, a side table for the rocking chair and put up the quilt rack over the bed.

Handily I have the deadline of late June to get stuff done because my mother and father-in-law will be staying with us then!

*ETA* Damn you! After posting this I got the cleaning bug and have been going through each room top to bottom!

heehee!

I need to de-clutter all mu kitchen drawers and the cabinets underneath, as these become catchalls for whatever junk I carry into the house... Also want to go thru all the boxes on my shelves in the Laundry room and rearrange them. Should take everything out of the bedroom closet and vacuum all the dog hair that has probably accumilated in the dark corners. And get the guy that painted our place to finally get his fricken dropclothes out of here!! He left so much junk!! Oh, and once his junk is out of our hall closet, that will need to be reorganized too. Then get new furniture for the living room (ditch the crappy Ikea bookshelves we've had for way too long) and the bedroom (ditch the crappy plactic drawers from Target we bought because we couldn't decide on anything else) Also need to buy and throw out plates/bowls.... Holy crap that is an intimidating list!! Some of that stuff has needed done for years now, too... makes me feel lazy! (while I sit here wasting time online...)

Remove Ads

Ads