Thread: ADD in Canada

ADD in Canada

Anyone out there with ADHD kids? I went to a forum on the weekend about an advocacy group that is getting organized so that kids can get the support they need.. It is sad that we have to put people in boxes...but if we don't and you don't fit the boxes that are already made...anyway I would be happy to pass on the website if anyone is interested...It makes me happy that they are recognizing things..because I had undiagnosed Add for 29 years.. Life is much better for me now..that I understand that hard stuff is easy for me...and easy stuff is hard!.

2. # ADS

Re: ADD in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by louisa
    Anyone out there with ADHD kids? I went to a forum on the weekend about an advocacy group that is getting organized so that kids can get the support they need.. It is sad that we have to put people in boxes...but if we don't and you don't fit the boxes that are already made...anyway I would be happy to pass on the website if anyone is interested...It makes me happy that they are recognizing things..because I had undiagnosed Add for 29 years.. Life is much better for me now..that I understand that hard stuff is easy for me...and easy stuff is hard!.
    Hi!
    I'm not in Canada but I do have AD/HD. For info for kids with AD/HD I'd try CHADD (http://www.chadd.org/). Lots of great info. Also, ADDA (www.add.org) (be careful with the URL-- www.adda.org will get you an architectural society--interesting but not what you're looking for right now!)
    There's TONS of information available in books, too. I strongly suggest "Driven to Distratction" by Dr. Ed Hallowell. Excellent book for learning about ADD

CADDAC

The organization is called Caddac.. which is center for advocacy for Add..and Adhd.. It was started by some educators (and parents of Add children) to create a group to lobby the government.. The website is Caddac.ca.. Spread the word if you know people who are affected by this.. That is parents who have Add kids and need the schools to provide and accomadate for this.

Remove Ads

Ads