Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: adoption

That is fabulous. My bf was adopted at 2 days old. His birth mother felt that she could not give him the life he deserved, so she put him up for adoption. He tells me all of the time how loved he feels that his birth mother loved him enough to give him a better life and that his parents chose him to be in their lives. So hearwarming. I think that adoption is the way to go.
    On a light note, I found a great book and song called happy adoption day, everytime I hear the song, I cry.

2. # ADS

I'm a birthmother involved in a very open adoption. Richard is loved dearly by blood relatives and life relatives alike. We've all made sure that Richard was loved and cared for every step of the way- from the food I fed him in my belly, to the way I birthed him, to the parents I searched long and hard to find, to the wonderful, wonderful life he has with his brave and loving adoptive parents ... To be able to place a child in need with parents in need of a child is a wonderful thing. I wish anyone involved in the adoption process the best of everything- the adoptive parents, the children (of course), and the mothers who carried the babies to term (and will always carry them in their hearts).
    This is beautiful.

My brother was adopted. It's not something I think about most of the time, unless the subject adoption comes up. I was eight when we picked him up from the airport, he was 9 months old and ever since then he's been part of my life. I love him so much--even though I've moved out to go to school, we are still very close and always will be.

I'm not ready to be a mom yet, but I've been thinking about adopting in the future. I have a chronic illness and pregnancy might be difficult, so I will probably give that a try and if I either can't get pregnant or I have a difficult pregnancy, I will probably adopt afterwards. But my chronic illness could also make adoption a huge hassle.

A few of my mom's cousins adopted children, but I don't know too much about it. My mom's best friend is also adopted and IMO her parents were/are amazing to her and to their grandchildren too.

I was adopted in a public/closed adoption when I was two months old, so I never knew life any differently. My parents never hid it from me or my brother (also adopted -- at five days old), saying that they "chose" us. My mother tells this story: Her OB/Gyn told her, after running some tests, "Some women were just meant to adopt -- there are a lot of children who need good mothers."

My husband's stepfather adopted him at a very early age, and was, himself adopted. I have two step-children who I think of as my own (in addition to the two I gave birth to). We know a lot about the subject in my family, and one thing we all know for sure is that love makes a family -- not biology. We've all are happy to have found each other.

After 7 yrs of infertility treatments, miscarriages and grief, my husband and I decided to adopt. We have a beautiful story full of "coincidences" that convinced us that this was where God meant for us to be. Our son was 20 months when we brought him home from Russia. He still has issues due to lack of care and nutrition in the orphanage, but here we can get him the help that he needs. He is 8 now and ldong well. He looks just like my step-son. I will always regret missing out on pregnancy and those first 20 months, but we are so blessed to have this beautiful child in our lives. We are convinced that if we left him there he would not have survived. There are so many children who need families. Please consider adopting and giving one of them a life, a home, and the love that every child needs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads