Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coupon Queens, I need to pick your brains.

In honor of our impending Crunch Months, I am doing my best to make a budget (see other thread). I've never been very coupon saavy, so I was wondering: where can you get oodles of coupons for groceries and the like? I am already familiar with the Sunday paper (it's slim pickins though) and the trade-a-coupon drawers at the grocery store. I've *heard* of websites that allegedly put you on a mailing list for coupons. Do you know of these alleged sites? If so are the coupons for groceries or useless junk? I would print some, but our printer is broken at the moment.

Mucho gracias!
    Jennjitsu

2. # ADS

I get most of mine from the Sunday paper. There's usually a decent amount in our area. I always buy at least two. Our weekly grocery ad usually coinsides with the paper and I stock up on whatever is on sale. The only coupon site that I know of is Vindy.com but you have to print them. I know that there are actually people on ebay that sell them but I'm kind of leary about that. Im always afraid that I'd get junky ones that I'd never use. Sorry I cant be of more help. Congrats on the house!

I know this is probably stealing, but I bought the newspaper every day when I was in the states and sometimes (quite often, actually) the newspaper guy would just shove the leftovers from the night before under the rack that held the new stack. So, I went through those papers every Monday to see if any coupons were left in them. I usually came out with at least one set, sometimes a bunch.

Hehe, I didn't know you could "steal" coupons! I mean, they were giving them away in the first place right? I won't tell!

It doesn't have much to do with coupons (in fact, it even makes a strong case against most coupons), but I highly recommend that you check out The Complete Tightwad Gazette from your library. I am currently unemployed, and this has been the best resource I could have asked for.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Sound advice from all over the country, compiled into one life-saving book. There is something for everyone in there.

I guess you can steal coupons since you have to pay for the paper they come in. :) Our newspaper guy used to do that where I work....but you still had to pay for Sunday's paper on Monday. lol. oh well.

I get mine out of the paper, but I get them from my mom's house. She subscribes and never uses coupons. Sometimes I'll buy one...then I get two sets.

Of course sometimes I'll buy a stupid paper and there won't be any coupons that week. :P

I get leftover papers from the deli on the corner. The recycle bins are outside Sunday nights and brimming with Sunday papers! I also trade with local Moms, buy mass lots on eBay when I come across a good. I match coupon/sale/refund offer when I can and find out about many of them through message boards like Kachina Web (see link).

Carol's Coupon Corner is a great short list of coupon/rebate message boards. Don't get intimidated by the lingo. Head straigt to the newbie section on each site.
    http://tree-of-life.truepath.com/CCC.html

Have getting good deals!

I never do good with coupons. I always buy more when I have a coupon, which I know is what the companies want! I always buy store brands, and watch for sales, especially cheep meat, (which I divide into portions and freeze) and canned goods. I also try to buy dry goods in bulk, though it takes forever for the two of us to use it.

One thing I haven't figured out how to do cheeply is cheese! I love cheese, but it is expencive and has to stay fresh, so I can't buy a huge block of it. Pretty much all my other dairy things I buy as little as possible of to cut costs, but with milk and butter I buy a gallon or a big tub so it's cheeper per oz.

I don't use coupons too much. Every so often, I'll find a good $1 off something coupon that is worthwhile, but generally I just buy cheap things.

Can you look around your area and find a grocery store that is more of a grocery outlet? I found a store that mainly caters to the hispanic community, and I've gotten great deals there.

Also, cooking things from scratch is generally cheaper than buying the ready mix/meal type things.

Actually, for cheap cheese... when it's on sale, buy big blocks, grate into big ziplocs, and freeze. It keeps forever. I haven't tried any super-fancy cheese, but it has worked well for mozzarella, swiss, cheddar, mont. jack and feta.
    : ) I love cheese too!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads