how to make a mobile for a baby crib

Does anyone know how to make a mobile? Or can direct me to easy instructions or a kit? I am pregnant, and purchased 10 brightly colored little fish to make a mobile for my baby. I suppose it's not too hard, but I really don't know what to do! Thanks.

2. # ADS

Congratulations!! I'd take 2 cool looking sticks and lash them together then hang the fish with fishing line (haha). Or you could use a cool looking small branch. You could drill through the stick but I'd just tie the fishing line around the stick. (I've also used chop sticks) You could tie a couple of fish per strand at different heights. Hot glue if you were worried about the fish coming loose and posing a choking hazard.

I think it's great you're going to make a mobile for your baby! Post a photo when you finish, I'd love to see it.

First, congrations! I'm also expecting (9 more weeks and counting) and trying to make a mobile. I'm using two pieces of driftwood I found on the glacier field, cleaning them off and polishing them, lashing them together and then....dunno! I have some fairy ornaments that my mother gave me a while back, too pretty to put away so I think I'll dangle those off the ends with some beading wrapped around the wood or something.

A friend of mine got a regular white plastic mobile at a thrift store and removed the goofy stuffed whatnots on it and replaced them with her beaded dragonfly creations.

I've also seen the mobiles that look like that are curved metal sticks or bendy wire, about three dangling below each other with a little ornament on the ends of each. They look so springy movable.

Have fun!
    jenn

You've got me looking at everything around the house thinking, "Would that make a good frame for a mobile?" I'm a dork. I came up with: wooden embroidery hoop, old plate, upside down basket, you could also buy a thrift store chandelier and take the wires out and hang all you cute stuff on it.

Okay, I have to stop playing the mobile game and get on with my own damn crafts. Funny how it's easier to think of ideas for other people than to actually do your own stuff. I believe it's called procrastination!

The wooden embroidery hoop is a great idea! I was thinking of some kind of picture frame with different windows in it - just using the outside wooden frame.

Remove Ads

Ads