Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clothesline

Clothesline Usage and a hello!

Hey all! I am new here! But I had to jump in on this conversation! I LOVE my clothes line and hang everything on it! I also have 5 children!!! See why I use the clothes line??!! I am PAulette, by the way! We have a creep of a neighbor who I am sure loves to see what I put out so I be sure to hang out my bras and all!!! Hehehe I love the idea of the tightie whities and all! I almost choked on my coffee when I read that! LOL

2. # ADS

I found wood clothespins can leave marks, especially if laundry gets caught in the rain. Plastic pins worked great for me. I also hung t'shirts upside down so you don't get those "fresh off the line" pointy shoulders. And I second (third?) the idea to tumble dry towels and jeans for just the last few minutes. Our water is hard the towel actually scratched you if you didn't soften them up in the dryer!

Yeah, I second hanging shirts upside down, those pointy shoulders are sooo fetching. I use the springy wooden pegs because I'm scared that plastic ones would perish in our summer sun. I also have to confess that I love crunchy towels. It's like drying yourself with a loofah. Very invigorating. I don't, however, love crunchy socks. But we don't have a dryer, so you just live with it I guess.

They make plastic non-springy ones now, they are the best. Some even have this "double duty" thing, it pins your clothes and then has a tiny pin to hang a sock or a piece of underwear too.

I prefer the non-springy ones too. The springs can get rusty, and then you have a nice stain on your clothes. Even if they don't stain, they still have this annoying habit of breaking because of the rust, and then you are trying to find pieces of clothes pin in your yard. Because of Murphy's law, they will only break when you are hanging a king-sized sheet, which will then touch the ground and have to be rewashed. Grrr.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads