Help!...Fridge stank!

My refridgerator has a definate stank! We have taken out anything that looked bad and thought it would be over, but today the stank is worse! We just got this one about a year ago and it's plenty cold so I don't think that is it. Could the stank stay even if the groddy food is out, but why would it still be there? I know I need to just open it up and completely wipe it down inside, but Yuck! I don't even want to get in it to get water!
    Would baking soda help? Any suggestions?...Anyone else ever have this problem?

2. # ADS

My recommendation would be to take everything out since sometimes things are hiding in there that you don't remember...and check everything... (I just found a container of ricotta that was TOTALLY green and nasty); clean it; put the good stuff back in; stick a box of baking soda in it, it really does help.
    And clean the back or the filter in the bottom. Sometimes they get really dusty/gross and I think that helps keep stink in.

can you take out the crisper drawers? sometimes things rot in there and the stinky rotten water seeps out into the floor of the fridge under the drawers and smells bad.

scrub it with baking soda and wash it with hot water with vinegar. the volcanoes will kill the stank and are fun to watch. worked on a couple of my super nasty fridges.

and when i clean the fridge, i heat the water in the microwave, which steams up the microwave and makes it really easy to wipe down. i tend to clean the fridge when i'm on a "clean absolutely everything from top to bottom" binge.

Thanks girls! I went in and went through *everything*. I am happy to say this is the first time I haven't had to scream 'Oh geez, What was that?' lol
    It was much ceaner than I thought it would be, yay, no yucks! I put in a box of baking soda and the smell seems to be gone. Yippee!
    Now it has me on a bindge and have cleaned the sink and floor too! Not what I wanted to do today, but since I have put those kind of things off so I could sew instead...

Hi all, I'm the Vintage HouseKeeper and I just wanted to tell you how I go about cleaning out truly scary fridges:

*Empty everything you can out of the fridge.
    *Put all removeable parts in the dishwasher.
    *Wipe down the fridge as best you can with boiling water.
    *Make a paste with salt, baking soda and lemon juice and use to shift any truly stubborn stains.
    *Mix four parts hot water with two parts white vinegar and one part lemon juice and wipe down all surfaces.
    *Choose a scrumptious little vintage dish and use it to hold your baking soda at the back of the fridge...
    *Put a tiny little flower in a bud vase and put it on the top shelf and smile everytime you go to steal a cookie...

Happy scrubbing.x

Remove Ads

Ads