your favorite printer

Our hp all-in-one printer (psc-printer,copier,scanner)just broke down and I found out it would cost almost as much to fix it as it would to get a new one.I was also told I can't expect most printers to last more then 18 months.It's just for home use,copying crafts,pics on the web,cards etc.but I sure do miss it. Any ideas out there on something not to expensive.

2. # ADS

printers

I can't believe nobody's got any ideas on printers,guess I'll have to take a chance on something.lol

Sorry to hear about your printer - that stinks!

I have a Canon multipass MP390 - it's a color printer and also a scanner, copier, and fax machine. I like it a lot and it's priced pretty reasonably. Kinda neat looking too.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...ff&oi=froogler

18 months? We had an HP one for like 5 years. It was really slow (especially compared to newer models) but it still worked. The one we have now is an HP printer/copier/fax/scanner. It's been fine and we got it 3 1/2 years ago. It's kinda being snippy about the ink cartridges being in wrong (they're not) but all we have to do is listen to it complain/beep when we turn it on.

It's the $300 one, we only got it because it was 50% off on a day after Thanksgiving sale.

My mom has a printer that's 3-4 years old right now and it's still perfect...it's not a scanner/copier, but it's HP too. It still prints crazy fast too like it did when it was new.

That's really strange that someone would say they only last a year and a half. Why are some $300 then? Maybe the really cheap kind...like the ones we used to sell where I work......I work in a *grocery store*...I would be surprised if THOSE kind lasted a year and a half...but other brands...that sounds not quite right to me. Maybe I'm wrong though, I don't know. I just know my own experience.

it's really hit and miss with HP printers or all-in-ones. you can't just buy an HP and depend on it to work. some models will last for years (i had an old one that did), but then you can buy some models and you're lucky if they last for a few weeks. it seems to be a fairly well-known fact amongst computery geeks.

ever since i was hung out to dry by the newer HP i got an Epson, and they haven't let me down so far. although, i've never bought an all-in-one, but i think i will sometime within the next couple of months.

good luck with your search!

Love HP Printers

I make greeting cards with my HP - it's a HP Photosmart 7550. I've had it for probably 3 years and it works great. I think the quality of the prints on HPs is even better than Canon. Depends on if that's what you'll use it for, I guess, but I really swear by mine. I don't think I'd buy anything else.

i'm not a fan of HP stuff in general, although we do have an HP printer/scanner/copier/fax machine. it prints and copies fine, but it's never worked right as a scanner. but i don't think HP is well known for being super compatible with Apple computers, so that might be it.

i'd probably buy an Epson if i were to buy another printer.

Remove Ads

Ads