Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I really like Padraic, Elliott, Samuel, Benjamin, and Perren for boys.
    I keep on tossing up girl's names. I definitely like Kathryn (it's my mother's middle name, spelled just like that), but after that it's hazy. I like Olivia and Iris and Rebecca. I also like my name, but it'd probably suck to name my spawn after me.

2. # ADS

So far I have a Charlotte, a Callum and a Ceridwen. What do I mean so far, I do not plan on having any more :D

Yes I know it's twee with all C's but the other two insisted that the last one had to be a C too.

And they definitely all fit their names.

Ceridwen means "sacred poetry" and she was the Gaelic goddess of wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinness
    I definitely like Kathryn (it's my mother's middle name, spelled just like that)
    I have a Kathryn! :-)

Boy am I caught up in this right now...dh and I could barely agree on a girls' name the first time, had a girl, used up our only name (Fiona), had another girl, barely figured something out in time, and are now expecting, gender unknown. We've had the name Ian at the ready for nine years now in case of a boy...but now what, for the real possibility of a girl?

To not sound stupid, it needs to be 2 or 3 syllables, not start with an M, preferably stress on the first syllable. We want something Gaelic, Celtic, English, or thereabouts. He hates everything I like: Abigail, Beatrice, Belinda, Kellen. His big inspiration: Ea. OK, it means "light" or something nice like that, but everyone will think it is initials. I hate it. Over my dead body are we naming her Ea.

I thought I had hit pay dirt when I found a database of Old Norse names - thought that would yield something pronounceable, yet cool and Tolkien-sounding. It turns out that Old Norse is possibly the ugliest language ever spoken on earth. I did find two lovely possibilities that mean "self-control" and "prophetess," respectively: Snotra and Volva. I think I want to make up a bunch of fake birth announcements for "Volva Snotra" and see if I can punk all the relatives.

I think I may actually have something now though: Aspen. Nature-oriented, ties in to the mountains where we live, sounds ok with the last name. DH lukewarm but may go for it.

Ceridwen though -- That's pretty; I'll have to try it out on him.

Wish me luck!

My favorite name for a girl is Cassandra but DH hates it. We named our baby Caitlyn Rose which I love and it really fits her. It was down to that or Megan Catherine.

For a boy my favorites are Ryan, Patrick, and Ethan. I also love Gabriel but again it was shot down by DH. (Don't worry, I shot some of his down too).

We're looking at British boy names (Martin, Ian, Nigel) of which my favorite is probably Martin.

Girl names are harder. I would probably like Amber if if was a rare name, but I associate it with the sort of thing a fluffy teen mother names her baby. I like Elizabeth (can create so many different nicknames), Maeve, Chloe (too popular), Zoe, Beryl and Saffron. I'd love to name a daughter Saffron, but outside of the UK, I think people would make fun of her.

I love Nigel. If we ever have a boy, he will be Felix. But if we have two, I'd push for Nigel. I've also always liked Heather, but I have a cousin named Heather. Name that baby Saffron! I wanted our second child to have Azure for a middle name, but it was vetoed by my husband.

My kids are named Daniel, Zachary, and Sydney ( a girl). If I had another I'd choose Emily rose for a girl and Nathan for a boy.

Boys names I like are: Otis, Elijah, Caleb, and Gus.

Girls names are: Willa, Nel, Noa and I like the name Cora too.

Here's hoping I have reason to use them!

Girl: Meredith or Caroline.

Boy: Thomas, William (we can't decide)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads