Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    ana, marisol, marina

joshua(my boy's name), patrick, jeremy, nathan, andrew

2. # ADS

My "boy name" would've been Max.
    My brother's "girl name" would've been Bailey. (HAH.)
    Other names my parents considered for us were
    Pierce and Dane (for the boyzzz) and Emma, Zoe, and Kendall for girls.

My boys are named William, after an Uncle Bill who was much more of a father, and Christopher Robin because my mother always read me the old Winnie the Pooh books and I had decided long ago to name my first child Christopher Robin. It never occurred to me I might of had a girl!

If I ever do, I'd like to name her Hannah.

I already have three children: Isabel Margaret, Emma Kay and Aden James.

For girl names I really really really really really really (i could go on) like Julia Lorelei or Julia Lauren. Or just plain Julia.

Even though I have had to name two girls and only one boy, I can't think of any other boy names I like! We had Aden "in the queue" for six years so it kind of stuck as the one and only boy name!

So, dear little squirmy bean..please be a girl or else you won't really like your name very much...

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkster
    I already have three children: Isabel Margaret, Emma Kay and Aden James.

For girl names I really really really really really really (i could go on) like Julia Lorelei or Julia Lauren. Or just plain Julia.

Even though I have had to name two girls and only one boy, I can't think of any other boy names I like! We had Aden "in the queue" for six years so it kind of stuck as the one and only boy name!

So, dear little squirmy bean..please be a girl or else you won't really like your name very much...
    I love your kids' names. I also like Lorelei, but my husband said no. And we had such a hard time naming our little girl, I hope my next two are boys! How pregnant are you, by the way? Do you plan to find out if the bean is a boy or girl?

For a girl I like Maud. And Pippilotta and Pippaluk (I think it means polar bear) although I actually wouldn't be mean enough to lumber a child with either of those. Lotta maybe.

Oh, and adding to the Greek list, recently came across Kleanthi (I think it's Greek?). Shortened to Kle (pronounced clay), which I like.

For boys, I don't have any. Although I do have a pig name list, for the pet pigs I imagine I will have at some point: Rudolph, Etienne, Christophe, Hercules (and Pigga).

(Thankfully for any future children this is all a very long way off (23 and very single) so my name list may have changed significantly by the time I get round to actually using any of them.)

Quote Originally Posted by little my
    Although I do have a pig name list, for the pet pigs I imagine I will have at some point: Rudolph, Etienne, Christophe, Hercules (and Pigga).
    how cute!!

It was interesting to see Charlotte so many times here. Our girls are Charlotte and Eleanor, and we haven't run into any other kids by those names yet, here. My name is Jenny, so I wanted something more unique. If we ever have a boy, I like Henry and Oliver. I also like Lily. I planned to name Eleanor Lily, but my mom kept poking my belly and calling it Lily in this whiny voice that ruined it for me at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by cannibalsandwich
    Quote Originally Posted by moggins
    Ceridwen means "sacred poetry" and she was the Gaelic goddess of wisdom.
    This is a pertinent thread for us, because cannot agree on anything, and must decide by February! Yesterday I found on JK Rowling's website a reference to trees that the Celts associate with various times of the year. So if we have a boy, Rowan would be appropriate. And my husband is a forest ecologist and all-around plant freak, so I think I could talk him into that.
    I met a girl named Rowan, and it fit her. I think it's a good name for either sex.

My boy name would have been Jamie. For a while I was miffed that they didn't just call me Jamie, since its ok for both, but my dad wanted a real girl's name for his daughter. Perhaps that's why I'm one of the least feminine girls I know? Hmm. Anyway, I was named after a country singer. Emma Louise, so that my dad could call me Emmy-Lou. He and my husband are the only people who can get away with that.

So, I prefer more boy's names, but I tend towards the obscure and I don't think that I could call my child something like SaintJohn (pronounced Sinjun). I also like long names, but not the shortened version. Like Christopher, but not Chris, or Benjamin, but not Ben. I also like Sebastian, Jamie, and even Ezekiel, though that's another one that he'd be teased over probably.

As for girl's names, I like Sian (Shaan) and Jemimah, but everyone here in Australia knows that as a rag doll from a kid's show. I'm also partial to Josephine, and I don't even mind Jo or Josie. I think that's my Little Women influence coming out.

When I was in high school I went through a period of liking really obscure celtic/gaelic names like Bloduwedd, Aelfryth, etc. I'm sure my children will be glad I'm over that.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads