Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

What do you want to name your kids?

My boyfriend and I always talk about what we want to name our kids. I personally like the names: Sofia (means "wisdom") and Stella (means "star") for a girl, Federico (means "peaceful ruler) and Mateo (means "devoted to God") for a boy. I like how the names sound btw, not necessarily bc of their meaning...Well he does not like the names so we finally decided on Loretta for a girl. He likes the name Orson for a boy, but I am not too thrilled about it. Haha I looked up the meaning and it means "a bear." Orson sounds like a harsh name, but whatever...we still have many years til we actually have kids so there's always time to come up with names. I'm curious about what other people have in mind for their future kids, or if they already have them what are their names?

2. # ADS

SOFIA is my favorite, too, for a girl. But I like MARGHERITA, BIANCA, CECILIA, GIULIA and VIRGINIA.

for a boy, my all time favorite is MARIO, but everyone seems to hate it.

as i'm semi-old and semi-single, i may have to adapt the baby names to dog names. i think MARIO would suit a dog, too, don't you think?

girl:
    avery bryce
    ferris
    charlotte (so i can shorten it to charli... and my grandfather's name is charles)

boy:
    probably just name him after the father, and if there's more than one i'll start using grandfather's names

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzarella
    as i'm semi-old and semi-single, i may have to adapt the baby names to dog names. i think MARIO would suit a dog, too, don't you think?
    Ah, the people/animal name conundrum!

I tend to have pets with people names--my last cat was named Philip and I liked the name so much that now I kinda wish I'd saved it for a human child.

But then my sister has a very popular dog's name (Mollie) and my partner and I have been considering another one (Jack) if we ever have a boy.

I've had baby names picked out since grade school; I just update them every once in a while. The current faves are Nina and Jack. Before that it was Anna or Charlotte and Henry.

i like pretty plain names. maybe being a "Stella" i lean towards the old fashioned. i know too many kids with ridiculously spelled names, overly weird "creative" names, or annoying (to me) last-name-as-first-name combinations.

my favorites for a girl are Elizabeth (Liz or Betty for short), Ruby (which was my childhood dog's name, but, whatever), and various flower names like Iris and Rose.

I like more girls names. Anna, Elisabeth, Maya, Lily

For a boy I've always loved the name Jeremy, but that's my husband's name, and I'm not into naming the kid after the father all that much for a first name. I like more traditional names for boys, like Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzarella
    SOFIA is my favorite, too, for a girl. But I like MARGHERITA.....i think MARIO would suit a dog, too, don't you think?
    I love Margherita too bc it's my name...hahaha, but I spell it Margarita. And mario is a cool name for a boy and a dog :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea
    For a boy I've always loved the name Jeremy, but that's my husband's name, and I'm not into naming the kid after the father all that much for a first name.
    How about the name Jeremiah?? Reminds me of Jeremy. I love that name, not only bc it's my boyfriend's name but bc it's long and it's an old name.

Quote Originally Posted by stella
    i like pretty plain names. maybe being a "Stella"... and various flower names like Iris and Rose.
    I love your name Stella and I also like names that are basic and are not spelled so complicated. Oh yeah I also like the names Iris and Rose...flower names are always cool and timeless don't you think?

Nowhere near being ready to have kids anytime soon, but...

Girl names: Erin, Elizabeth, Juliana, Bethany, Ginevra, Caroline, Magdalena, Leah, Charlotte, Lillia, Caitlin, Jane (yes, I love the name Jane), Maia, Grace
    Boy names: Jeremy, Calvin (it's a family name...), Andrew, Micah, Matthew, Max, Ethan, Nathan, Jimmy, Jude, David

(Of course, being a writer, I have the opportunity to name characters all this stuff, right? :)

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads