Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Back to School Tradition?

My oldest already started last week and my 3rd grader starts Tuesday! Always hard to know I'll see them less each day but we are all ready for school to start.
    I try to get a picture of both my boys together on the first day but that actually only happens about every other year. Ofcourse, there is back to school shopping for clothes and supplies. I think my boys and I all agree the school supplies part is the most fun- pencils, colored erasers, new binders, and art supplies!
    We also talk about what we dread, what we can't wait for and...most important as the Mom...what we want to be different this year.
    What are your back to school traditions?

2. # ADS

I always take the first day off school off from work. I get up extra early, make a huge breakfast, and take lots of pictures. I cry a little after they leave. I'm such a sap. (they're not so little anymore). After I'm done crying, I usually call a friend and we meet for lunch.

I cried on the first day's of kindergarten and when I went to Welcome Night/Open House at Robin's junior high last year. I had to call a friend from the parking lot before I went in because I was hyperventilating/crying at having a junior higher!

We've had a tradition for the last couple of years of going to our local homeschooling association's opening social in the fall - It's a great big picnic for all the families, and we always have a great time!

My mom always took pictures of me and my brother before we left for school. Every year, from preschool until senior year in high school. She was really sad when she had to stop.

My mom always lined all of us up for the first morning of school picture and then drove us across town for school. Then she and all of her stay at home mom friends would call eachother and sing "Happy days are here again" then meet up for coffee at the local diner.

I can't wait to take a picture of my little one on his 1st day of pre-school on Friday! The big boy will get his pic taken too.
    Tomorrow I'll be getting things prepared for the school year.

My boys are both tucked in, clothes laid out, la-dee-dah! One is going into 9th, (a freshman!) and the other is 8th. Ugh! They are on different schedules and different busses. Me? I always promise to start a walking routine for myself when they return to school. I wonder how I'll make out...

I can't wait to start teaching so I can experience school again. My mom and dad would wait for the bus with me or take me to school. My mom always cried. I used to love going clothes and school supply shopping, but was always nervous when I went. I remember in elementary school I would look in the mail every day because they sent us a card to tell us the name of the teacher I would have, and get all excited. I love the smell of schools for some reason, like crayons and glue and stuff. I can't wait to be an elementary school teacher, seems like I'll be in school forever!

I always just wear a new pair of socks to my first day of a new semester. I really love new socks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads