Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I think I manage to balance because of 2 things: my husband is very helpful, and I work from home. I run a small business and other than the accounting, the rest of my work is just support. There are crazy days but there is a lot of boring, sitting in front of the computer days too, so I can run upstairs and pick up a rug I'm working on, or bring something small to sand in the office (I can't clean or use a sewing machine or do noisy stuff, in case the phone rings).

As for the house, I like cleaning and hate organizing, so we've made a deal that I clean, and he organizes everything. A huge time-saver was buying a second-hand steam cleaner. I clean so fast now. On Saturdays I dust, clean appliances, vaccuum, steam, clean bathrooms. This takes around 3h. Then I wake my husband up (he sleeps through the noise!) and as I change the sheets and towels, he mops the tiled areas of the house (he loves to mop). Then he washes the garage and driveway, and the whole house is clean.

During the week, all that I have to do is cook, wash dishes, clean the litter boxes (5m, 2x a day), and empty the trash cans. I vaccum once on Tuesday or Wednesday, but that is only 30m. Very easy stuff.

I forgot the laundry: I don't have a dryer, so I do laundry when there is sun. I wake up at 7, if it is sunny, I'll run a load, hang it. If at 11 it is still sunny and the stuff is almost dry, I'll run a second load.

2. # ADS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

Ads