Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    totally agree with the other posters on this.

You should think about good outside activities.

maybe an art or crafts group. or what about a a part time job at a craft store and you could wreap the benifits of the discounts.

See I think the issue is this. You don't work and neither does she and because you are renting the room from "them" she feels like you should be doing all the work. Which isn't fair at all but it sounds like that is what she is thinking.

So if you had some outside activities then it would be better. You said it isn't you house, you shouldn't care if their dishes pile up. So stop worrying so much

Start looking at part time jobs where you can get a discount, or have fun. even working 3 days a week will help solve the problem since she isn't working at all.

good luck and update us on the situation.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by FauxChina
    Thank you so much for all the great ideas everybody! I just signed up for an accounting class that starts next week, so that will be a big help as well. Also I was talking to F yesterday and we decided to make up a calendar of things that need to be done every day, so everybody can just pick something from the calendar so we are all working together, rather than just one person doing everything. I actually tried the strike idea, but I do enjoy tidying up, it's not my most favourite of hobbies but if it needs to be done, I don't mind doing it. She even told me yesterday that even though she doesn't really show it, she does appreciate what I do around the house, and that made me feel a hell of a lot better about everything.
    great idea about a calender. let me know how that goes, I might have to use that idea myself.

I've had similar roommate woes. I would say first of all, you'll feel better and more in control of your situation once you're working or at least doing something productive outside of the home. Also, I'd recommend making the area that is you and your beau's as personal and wonderful as you can, and then spending most of your time there. That's been a wonder for my boyfriend and I...we now have a mini fridge, we stock our food in our bedroom, and we have our entertainment supplies and mini bar in our bedroom. It's cluttered at times, but it's nice that we can come in an area of our own, clean as we want it to be, and not feel obligated to be maids. Getting your own set of dishes and/or glasses helps as well...our roomies used to try to point the finger at us for all dishes until we did so.

Hey everyone! Thanks again for all the great suggestions and support. The internet here has been down for a while. I started my bookkeeping/accounting class on Monday and so far it's been great, the other ladies in my class are wonderful people and there are always a few good laughs throughout the afternoon. I'm thinking this class will save my sanity. As for the daily duty calendar, I've yet to see the bloody thing, I figured it would have been posted on the fridge or something along with everybody's laundry days, but it hasn't been. It's actually a good idea if you follow through with it though. My laundry days are supposed to be Monday and Thursday, but they keep doing their laundry on my days, so I'm just going to start going to the coin laundry, it'll be a bit expensive, but that way they can't complain to me about their hydro bill going up because of me doing laundry... My boyfriend and I have started looking through the newspaper this week to find an appartment so we can move out of here, and hopefully that will make things much better. Thanks again ladies.

Well, I solved all my roomie troubles on Saturday.. I moved out. Friday F spoke to me for the first time in two weeks, after nothing but slaming doors, stomping around the house and sighing loudly and giving me dirty looks. It went like this: F "Uh Sarah? did your boyfriend tell you what was supposed to go on when you moved in?" Me: "No." F "Well, he should have, the agreement was that he was to move in and pay $400 a month for just him, and then you moved in and he was supposed to give us extra money, but he only gave us an extra $100 once, and well it's just too much with all the extra food and stuff, so as of December first, you have to start paying rent. Also, it has been brought to my attention that you feel like you're um expected to clean the house, well not after my messes, but yes, you're living here without paying rent so yes, you are expected to clean the house." Me "Uh, ok..." But she was extremely rude and it was more of an attack than a friendly household meeting conversation. Plus what she told her husband was far different than how she spoke to me, so Friday night I told my boyfriend I was moving back to my mothers house, until we can save up enough for our own place, and on Saturday I left. Apparently she wanted me to pay an additional $200 a month on top of the $400 my boyfriend was paying her. $600 a month for a bedroom in a modular trailor home is effing ridiculous, especially because we ALWAYS bought our own food, out of the 5 months we lived there we ate their food less than 10 times, lots of times they were eatting our food, or throwing our food in the garbage... I'm so glad to be out of there now, but I miss my boyfriend as he still lives there for the time being, but we've switched our date nights so we'll still be able to see eachother... The only bad thing about moving back home, other than not seeing my boyfriend everyday anymore is that I had to drop out of my accounting class that I was making some cool friends in. So I'm looking to pick up a part time job or something now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads