Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does your ex read your blog?

I know mine does. It's stupid and creepy, not only does *he* read my blog but his current wife does too. Anyway, I am smart enough to know that what I publish online, publicly is well public (like knitting is soooo scandalous and inflammitory.)

To make matters worse (in a Single White Female way) when I left him in the late 90's it was with just my son on my hip and my son's things, meaning I left all my things including my clothes. It was a DV situation and a very bad one. Recently I've noticed his wife wearing, yes wearing some of the clothes I left behind. (I cannot stress how EEEEWWWWWW this is to me.)

2. # ADS

I don't have an ex. But my husband does. She and I are actually very close friends. We were aquainted in high school.
    Remet when I started dating my husband, and since we all share common friends, we just hit it off. I know....kinda strange in a way!! We call her OUR ex!
    Anyway, the only blog I have is here, and since she's not a crafter, she's never going to read anything I put here.
    That is super creepy that his new wife is wearing the clothes you left behind! *shudder!*

Creepy, creepy, creepy. Sounds like you got out just in time. (What kind of woman wears the clothes of her husband's ex? Ewww.)

Know this has NOTHING to do with you! There's a ghost living in their house that unfortunately has your face on it, but that ghost is not you. It's their ghost, and their problem.

Blogs ARE public, so you really don't have any way of keeping them from reading them. All you can control is what you put in it.

They're probably reading it to see if they're in it, which is another aspect of that ghost in the house deal. Which, having lived through something like that myself, I can assure you has nothing to do with you!!!!!!

Living well is the best revenge.

My (second and current) husband's first True Love and I hit it off like long-lost sisters the first time we met. We even look a little alike. She and her husband and kids live in No CA while we live in So CA, and we miss them terribly. If we lived closer we'd be, like, living in each other's houses. (One of the virtues of my hubby is how he kept most of his serious girlfriends as friends after they broke up. I was impressed by that.)

Would you read your x's blog? I have a feeling I would. At least once.

Not that I would be looking for something about me. We have been broken up for so many years and he has been married and divorced since then, if he were talking about me then he would definitely have some problems.

I doubt mine read the one I used to have. If he did all he would know is that I am a happy woman with lovely children. duh.

I would read my ex's blog. Just the once, like Slinkster suggested and it's been so long since I had an ex that it, too, would be really strange to see my name in there. I did subscribe to the free month of classmates.com so I could see whether or not he was married. Not just him, but a bunch of people I haven't seen in 8 years so I'm not completely crazy. I don't have a blog so he can't read up on me, but I don't know how I'd feel if he read it.

Chromegrrrl, you have a child with him so I'd understand why you'd still be in their thoughts. However, I draw the line at wearing my husband's ex-girlfriend's clothes! That is creepy on her part if she knows where they came from and really creepy if he passed them off as not yours and wants her to wear them.

Yeah, I would read my ex-husband's blog, too. Not regularly. Just out of curiousity once or twice, and I doubt I would see myself in it.

I would definitely read a couple of old boyfriends' blogs if I knew they had them, mainly since it's been such a very long time the "charge" is gone, and they were such very interesting and creative people. I'd like to see how their arts and thought have progressed over the years. I might even say hi and pass along good wishes. But not try to be pals -- that might be taken wrong by their present wives or partners, and I don't diss my sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_stroozi
    Creepy, creepy, creepy. Sounds like you got out just in time. (What kind of woman wears the clothes of her husband's ex? Ewww.)

Know this has NOTHING to do with you! There's a ghost living in their house that unfortunately has your face on it, but that ghost is not you. It's their ghost, and their problem.

Blogs ARE public, so you really don't have any way of keeping them from reading them. All you can control is what you put in it.

They're probably reading it to see if they're in it, which is another aspect of that ghost in the house deal. Which, having lived through something like that myself, I can assure you has nothing to do with you!!!!!!

Living well is the best revenge.

My (second and current) husband's first True Love and I hit it off like long-lost sisters the first time we met. We even look a little alike. She and her husband and kids live in No CA while we live in So CA, and we miss them terribly. If we lived closer we'd be, like, living in each other's houses. (One of the virtues of my hubby is how he kept most of his serious girlfriends as friends after they broke up. I was impressed by that.)
    Wow. I know I can't do anything to keep them from reading the blog, or from her wearing the clothes I left behind, or even from her trying to buddy up to my friends (actually she unsuccessfully tried to assimmilate my whole social circle in '99) Periodically, she tries to buddy up to me, so while I'm polite, I don't do anything to give her the impression that we're friends.

My husband and I did move 60 miles away to try to reduce problems with them, and it has cut down on some problems.

If my ex had a blog (or was remotely literate enough to spell 'blog') I wouldn't read it. His life is his business so long as it doesn't adversely affect our son, and if I read his blog it would feel too much like me digging for dirt on him, or perhaps, make me wonder if I had my own ghost to deal with.

I commend you and your hubby for having a good relationship with his former, it's cool that your relationship is that solid with each other that the past is -- ancient history. It is a good sign for a solid future.

yeah, id read their blogs... simply because i dont keep up with them in person, and the curiousity would kill me if i came upon an entry.

i doubt that i would seek it out though.

-- eli

I've never looked out for an ex's blog- but I know that a couple of mine read my blogs. I find it a combination of creepy and kind of nice- I know that one of them just reads it to check up to see that i'm still alive and stuff, but another reads it for dirt.

Most of my blogging is done with a filter on so that they shouldn't be able to read it- occassionally I get the urge to write something shocking just to see if it ever gets back to me!

Well I know for a fact that one of my ex's reads my LJ. Then again, we're still on good terms and he told me that he did. And he offered to stop if it offended me. He was reading it to see what I've been up to, reading my short stories that I post and to see what crafty things I've been up to.

Is there any way you can make your blog "friends only" like Livejournal and other blog providers do? Because maybe then you can keep the ex and his wife from reading it with out hacking around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads