Sewing Machine Singer 132 versus 132Q

So, I just bought a sewing machine online and after some research had decided on the Singer 132. However, they sent me the Singer 132Q. From my perspective, the only difference seems to be that the 132Q has an extended arm.

I am wondering if there are any additional differences? Does anyone know which is a better model?

From what I am seeing online the 132Q is usually sold as "factory refurbished" and this is making me skeptical of the whole situation.

Anyway, any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.[/b]

2. # ADS

when i was researching my machine, they came in the q and regular versions. the q version is for quilters, and it normally comes with some extra feet and an extended table top for supporting large items.

they tend to cost a bit more, so maybe you got a good deal through their mistake? will the warranty cover what they sold you?

hmmm

i am not sure what you mean by extended table top.

my mom actually bought it for me from some website "sew vac", so i am not sure about the warranty?

The extended table top is this u-shaped plastic thing that can sit around the sewing machine base to give you more work area. It's sorta the modern, portable equivalent of one of those old fashioned sewing cabinets. I haven't actually used mine yet, but it seems like a good idea in theory.

I looked at singer's website, and it seems like the only difference between them is the plastic clip on arm that might make it easier to sew certain things. And the Q version is discontinued, which is why your model is refurbished. I'm sure the machine will work well for you. If you sew a lot, you'll probably outgrow it before it dies.

http://www.singerco.com/products/pro...product_id=857
    http://www.singerco.com/products/pro...?product_id=70

Singer 132Q

Quote Originally Posted by Sax View Post
    So, I just bought a sewing machine online and after some research had decided on the Singer 132. However, they sent me the Singer 132Q. From my perspective, the only difference seems to be that the 132Q has an extended arm.

I am wondering if there are any additional differences? Does anyone know which is a better model?

From what I am seeing online the 132Q is usually sold as "factory refurbished" and this is making me skeptical of the whole situation.

Anyway, any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.[/b]
    Hi. I have one of these machines. The arm and the machine are supposed to be for quilting, hence the "Q". I have had problems with mine - the thread bunches up on the bottom and it comes to a screeching halt. I see nothing but terrible reviews for this machine on line and it cost less than $200. So I'm trying to decide whether it's worth repairing. Good luck with yours - I liked it until it broke down.

Mine didn't come with any "U" shaped plastic thing - only the feet and the extended arm. Can you send a photo of this piece? I can't quite visualize ........ Thanks - Juice

Remove Ads

Ads