Cleaning out a storage locker. Procrasination inspiration!

After years...I am so embarassed I finally cleaned out my storage locker..And low and behold.. Nothing really worth a fraction of the cost that I had paid out in storage..The storage locker was supposed to be a temporary thing when I sublet my apartment..then I had roomates..then I moved.. I have a storage locker in my apartment..where a lot of the stuff should fit... I am on hiatus from collecting after this experience!!! It feels so good.. to have finally done what I have needed to do for ages.. My dad who is so smart with his money had been after me in a nice way..to do it so that is my Christmas present. to him..Even though boxes will need to be gone through at least I am not paying this charge anymore..Next on my list.. I have yoga classes paid for and I belong to a gym...2006 is going to be for using everything I already have and not buying anything new.. I don't even want to say how many hair products I own...Thats it.. I am using up everything.. I do feel powerful that I got the storage locker out of the way.. 2006 will be my year to simplify..I put debt..and excess weight in the same category as clutter.. so I plan weight loss as a side effect of decluttering.. I would be interested to hear if this is any one elses focus- New Years resolution?

2. # ADS

I'm planning something similar, but started it a little early. I'm trying to buy less, use up craft supplies I have, use up shower gels and lotions that I already have, etc.

What got me motivated towards this, is when I spent a decent amount of money on some beads, came home and already had them! I started cleaning and re-organizing some things, in the hopes that de-cluttering will help to de-stress and simplify things.

I have subscribed to FlyLady.net for some time now, and have been slowly decluttering and reorganizing my accumulation of stuff with her help. I don't want to spend half my waking hours dealing with my household's (and MY) clutter any more!!! The Fly Lady method really helps to keep me motivated. And I LOVE having the space instead of the STUFF.

Remove Ads

Ads