Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My kitchen transformation!

Yesterday I was off work and decided to paint my kitchen. I am so amazed at the difference a little color made.

BEFORE (the yellow is creeping up on the left, I forgot to take one before I started painting).

AFTER. I think this looks SO much better with the floor. I'm amazed at how it totally changed the feeling of the space.

In case anyone was wondering, that's American Tradition "Grand Hotel Awning Yellow." I'm planning on accents of teal and fire engine red to add a little more color (in new rugs, linens, etc). I'm thinking heavy use of red in the window treatment I'm planning.

Thanks for looking. To see more house projects go to My Aim Is True.com or add LJ user reachingxxxout to your LJ friends list.

2. # ADS

wow! I love how it made the letters on the wall "pop", seriously. I didn't notice them in the first picture and had to scroll up to see if they were there!

I love yellow kitchens.

Very nice color. I like the split pictures effect, too.

Thanks, I was trying to get a panoramic view, but I wasn't pleased at all with how they came out. Next time I'll move the camera up and down, not just side to side. But you can see the difference in before & after so I guess the pictures did their job.

Like slinkster, I didn't notice the letters at first either! The yellow really does make them POP!! I love your cabinets, too.
    I have the opposite of your kitchen...white walls with bright yellow cabinets. Our cabinets look like they were crafted by a inept carpenter (major wonkiness!!), and they were this awful off-white and just looked so filthy and drab. The yellow paint helps to hide the flaws and brightened things up considerably. I actually LIKE being in my kitchen now!
    Anyway, I have picnic table red checked fabric for my window, a base cabinet curtain, and an accent on a mixer cover~all sewed by me.
    OOH! I also like how you have some black accents above your cabinets. Hmmmm...I may have to do a spring revamp! I have black hinges and knobs/handles too!

Looks great! Kitchen are one of the most fun rooms to paint. My last apartment had a kitchen that was salmon pink. I want my next kitchen to be lime green.

It's really beautiful!!!!!

I love it. It was bland before, and now it is very welcoming.

love it. I desperately need to transform mine and am thinking of painting the cabinets but right now I'm too chicken! You've inspired me.

That is an amazing transformation and I'm further impressed that you painted your kitchen in an afternoon off instead of maybe sit and watch tv (guess which one I would have chosen!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads