+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Pregnant and Puking - Am I Alone Here?

I'm 20 weeks along with my second child and still nauseous and sick. I went through this with my first son - threw up until the day before he was born. Has anyone else gone through this?

I'm feeling sorry for myself and like I'm the only one that's going through this.

My partner told a woman at work who asked and she said, "Oh, I'm surprised she's throwing up." Like I'm making it up or something. I want to puke on her.

I'm not one of those glowing high energy pregnant women, you guessed it - I want to puke on them.

ughhhhhhhhhh

2. # ADS

I'm sorry! If it makes you feel better, you really SHOULD learn the art of puking "accidentally" on people.

I'm joking, except a part of me is not.

Quote Originally Posted by soapandwater
    I'm sorry! If it makes you feel better, you really SHOULD learn the art of puking "accidentally" on people.

I'm joking, except a part of me is not.
    Some people deserve it...especially those who aren't sypathetic towards a person who can't stop throwing up.

Have you tried those pregnancy lollipops?

A friend of mine swore that by eating a couple saltines before getting out of bed, she could suppress the urge to barf. I've heard recommendation of ginger and peppermint, too.

I feel bad for you! And yeah, if you can't help it (I guess), puke on one of the nosy people and feel glad about it.

I got sick every single morning of both my pregnancies. Once I got it over with, I was fine the rest of the day.
    But I now believe it had something to do w/ my thyroid disorder, which wasn't even diagnosed until my younger son was 2 years old!
    So much for "preventive medicine"! I have a real big problem w/ the medical community at large now. But that's a whole other story and I don't want to freak you out!!

I threw up the first 10 or 12 weeks with my second child first thing in the morning, and was sort of queasy the entire day. With my first I was nauseous all day every day without vomiting from week 6 to week 12. (I preferred to vomit - at least it released the tension for a while.) But after 12 weeks I was okay.

I did have a coupla friends who puked every day of their pregnancy. In fact one of them said she'd would have had more than her two if she hadn't been totally miserable the entire time of each pregnancy. Couldn't handle it again.

Sometimes a smell can calm your stomach a bit. I found out completely by accident that if I twisted a grapefruit peel into my nostrils my nausea subsided for a couple of hours.

Is morning sickness hereditary? If my mom was prone to it when she was pregnant, does that mean I should expect it to happen to me too? Or is it purely a case by case basis?

I think it is case by case, craftytricks.

Even a pregnancy by pregnancy. I had morning sickness with both of mine, but in different ways. Most of my friends did, too.

Morning sickness is an overreaction to the hormone that keeps the fetus up in there, so to speak. Doctors think of it as a good sign, that the pregnancy is proceeding properly. (Not that no morning sickness is an automatic bad sign, BTW.) The "typical" period of MS lasts from 6 weeks to 12 weeks and then fades away. But "normal" has a huge range.

My mom was sick every day with both me and my sister...me in the am, her in the afternoon. Apparently when she first talked to her OB again after I was born (C-section), she said "It is just so amazing...I don't feel like I have to barf anymore!"

Just a little bit of barf on their shoe should be enough to shut up the mean people. You know, a little splash.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads