Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How 2 make extra $$

Hi!
    I remember a thread about working from home, which was helpful, but I'm wondering if anyone has more ideas about how to make extra cash. Im a full time Grad-student, and we are about to buy our first home, Sooooooooo I need to make some quick cash. I am pretty versatile and will try anything!!

D

2. # ADS

wait...

did that sound right? not anythinggggggggggggg!!

giggle

Hehe.

Well, in my experience, there are very few ways to make significant cash quickly without having to fork over a whole bunch first. However, with some creativity, perseverence, and hard work, there are several ideas that could work for you. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this link, but I found this e-book to be very, very interesting:

http://www.kickbuttideas.com/dreamers/ebook/

Good luck!

I just looked at a site called dumpsterworld. If you're not too squeamish to do this - sounds like there's lots of potential for making money by selling the stuff on e-bay or craigslist. Perfect for someone who hates the 9-5 - although diving is a lot more challenging than when I was a student. . .

Quote Originally Posted by hellparadiso
    Hehe.

Well, in my experience, there are very few ways to make significant cash quickly without having to fork over a whole bunch first. However, with some creativity, perseverence, and hard work, there are several ideas that could work for you. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this link, but I found this e-book to be very, very interesting:

Good luck!
    AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! The first idea was so insanely perfect for me, thank you SO MUCH for sharing!

Well, I read through this e-book & was really shocked when i came across the "spyware detective" idea. I'm an IT professional & this is a BAD IDEA for people who don't know what they're doing. Sure, those programs the e-book mentions are good & they do the job most of the time, but there are several problems with this idea:

Some spyware & viruses are very potent & they are difficult to remove. So if you run your programs & say their computer is clean, but it leaves traces of the program in the registry or in other parts of the computer's system, what do you do if the stuff keeps coming back or you leave the computer in worse shape than it was when you got there?

I've tried to clean several machines of viruses & spyware, and the worst I've encountered took me SIX HOURS to clean completely - the quickest was over 2 hours.

If your client is a business and you either leave stuff that those programs didn't catch or mess up the computer somehow in the process of removing the spyware - you're in for a world of hurt. The liability on this kind of thing is incredible - you screw up a computer (innocently thinking you're helping), the user can't use it, you mess up the operating system somehow... and of course, you may not have the knowledge to fix what you messed up - the business sues you for lost time/business... you're screwed.

Sorry - just had to inject some reality into that ebook - I tried to write the author but I couldn't find an address. That kind of "idea" for the inexperienced is just plain irresponsible.

etsy.com

hi. just read your post and was wondering if maybe you are crafty....you can make things and sell them on etsy.com....it's really super cheap to list and sell and besides that, it's a great site!! i did a little 'shop' on there and made over 500 bucks pretty quick and it felt like FREE money....cause i was just making things that i love to make anyway.....getting paid to do what you love, does it get any better than that? maybe if i could just get paid for being me...if you find a way to do that, let me know!
    cheers.
    heart
    alison

alexia - There are only a few ideas in that ebook that I would actually do. Many of them seem rather "scammish" to me, particularly that one. Thanks for pointing out those dangers, though! I hadn't thought about it that way, and I hope that someone is able to get ahold of him and give him that information.

Obviously, as with any "make money quick" programs, the use of common sense is pretty necessary. Take from that ebook what you will. Like I said, only a few seem to be really good ideas, and the rest are just a little too weird or risky to just jump right into without thoroughly researching them.

Quote Originally Posted by hellparadiso
    Obviously, as with any "make money quick" programs, the use of common sense is pretty necessary. Take from that ebook what you will. Like I said, only a few seem to be really good ideas, and the rest are just a little too weird or risky to just jump right into without thoroughly researching them.
    exactly. Any sane, intelligent person would do so. But there are those who would jump foolhardily into something like this - people who buy into MLM scams & such are those who would take that little ebook & possibly run with the ideas without researching first. That's my concern.

Thanks Alison...
    Congrats to you for such a great accomplishment $500! I wish I could do that, atleast I could try! We all have to start somewhere...I have nothing to lose...I just need to make the commitment, and continue to give myself "pep talks". *lol, I will check out esty! and do it myself! woo hoo! also, I began to pet sit, and volunteering at a domestic violence hotline which I get a stipend for...Im trying!! $$$

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads