We got our house!

We close on our house next week and just now found a home for us to purchase. Our house was only on the market for 2 hours before someone came and offered to purchase it. We have a contract, a back up contract and several other people that want it just in case the first two drop out.

Finding a home for us to buy has been a bit harder. Our realtor is miffed because we are purchasing a home without his/her help which means that we won't be paying her any more money than we have already given him/her. Too bad on his/her part.

We should be signing a contract on saturday or monday and then will see how long it takes to close on the place.

Now to shop for furniture and look at paint chips.

blackeyejoe

2. # ADS

Congrats on the new home!!! Its always fun to move and get to DECORATE!! I CAN"T believe your house sold so fast i have never heard of a house going that quick! again congrats and have fun turning your new house into your home!!

Congrats to you!
    We are purchasing our first house, and just finished the home inspection today...all went well, we just need to run a radon test... I am having mixed feelings...happy about buying, scared about being an "adult", and worried that we will be able to live and travel and all that other life stuff...we move in 5 weeks from now...Im sure once I am settled in...and decorating I will be thrilled, but right now... OVERWHELMED! Can anyone relate??

We are in the process of buying our first home and I am so very stressed out!! So yes, I can relate. I think we're scheduled to close at the end of February. I know that we can afford it but it still gives me the creeps thinking about paying a mortgage LOL

Oh, it is SO worth it to own your own home, especially if you plan to stay in it for a while and the real estate is appreciating in your area.

The first time I wrote out our mortgage check, nearly 17 years ago, I had a panic attack. It was FOUR times our rent! But as the years passed, the equity built up, my little cottage is worth nearly twice what I paid for it, and my mortgage hadn't gone up until we refinanced it this past summer. NOW people pay to rent our house what I paid in 1989 to own it.

Think of it this way - when you pay a mortgage, you are also paying your future self. With a rent check, you're paying no one but the landlord.

I've been looking at houses but am getting discouraged... the cheapest house is around $2000 monthly mortgage (including property taxes). Considering that I'm not pulling a salary yet from my business we're a one-income family. Arg, aren't there any houses under $280k in NJ?

We actually sign our contract on the house in two days and will have posession of it by the beginning of March.

As for mortgage payments... One thing that we are doing is we pay our taxes ourselves and insurance as well. Why let the bank earn interest on our money when we can sock it away in savings till needed? This makes for a lower monthly payment and allows us a little more free-way each pay to get the necessities of life. By doing it this way we will have a payment of $700 instead of almost $950. I can use that $250 for food and such.

blackeyejoe

Congratulations.

My husband and I are starting to look for a house. We will have to do some special programs for first time home buyers who also happen to be on a limited budget, but we are desperate to get out of our cramped, decaying apartment.

My husband and I put an offer on a place this week and our inspection is today, I am nervous, I hope all goes well.

The thing that bugs me is having to have 9,000 bucks sitting in our bank account until closing time, tha tis ALOT of money for us.... and we just can barely scrounge that up.

If all goes well, we close on St. Patty's day!
    Wish us luck!

Congratulations! I wish you the best.

Remove Ads

Ads