Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oh, I'm so geeky about cleaning products! This thread thrills me:) I, too, love the goo gone, the method products (esp. the lavender all purpose cleaner-yummy clean smell), and swiffer dusters. I was so resistant to the swiffer crap, since it's designed to be disposable and whatnot. But, the dusters, they work so well! I hate dusting, so the faster the better. I refuse to get one of those swiffer mops, though. I refuse to believe it works all that well.

2. # ADS

oh yes. I never dry my laundry w/o a dryer sheet. Makes the laundry smell nice too!

I like the Clorox wipes--they're great for a quick wipe of the bathroom sink, around the tub, toilet, etc.

In the kitchen, I always have a spray bottle of Lysol kitchen cleaner for countertops, tabletops, etc.

There's this orange cleaner degreaser industrial strength stuff I get at Home Depot, Zap! or something like that. I put it 1-3 water in a spray bottle and use it all the time. I like that it's biodegradable. Undiluted will take the grease stains off your driveway, and half diluted will get most spots out of your carpet. (Test for colorfastness first!)

Either that or 409/ Windex for most cleaning.

I like the Method clothes detergent, but wish it came in a bigger bottle. I usually end up using mahoosive bottles of Tide free or Cheer free. I have a washer/dryer at home, so I don't have to lug a 100 oz bottle plus 8 loads of laundry to a laundromat.

Oxyclean is amazinG! It got decades-old tea stains out of my metal teapot in half an hour of just soaking! I use it for clothes, too, and floor cleaning.

I love the Palmolive dishwashing liquid in green apple scent.

Whenever I can get away with baking soda to scrub with I use it. We get the multi-pound bags at Costco. I put baking soda into the 1st rinse dishwasher cycle, too, cut back on chemical use and cost of the dishwasher detergent.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_stroozi
    I like the Method clothes detergent, but wish it came in a bigger bottle. I usually end up using mahoosive bottles of Tide free or Cheer free. I have a washer/dryer at home, so I don't have to lug a 100 oz bottle plus 8 loads of laundry to a laundromat.
    You should use Method's Triple Concentrate liquid then. I love it! I don't have to haul a huge honkin bottle or find a big enough shelf to store it.

i'm allergic to dryer sheets (i can't even hug someone who uses Bounce without my face and arms itching and turning red) and they generate waste, so i don't think they're especially cool.

however, i am a big fan of Kaboom. damn, that stuff works. the water at my parents' house is very hard and has lots of iron, so all of the sinks, toilets, and bathtubs develop big brownish yellow stains. the only thing that gets them off, i swear, is Kaboom. i'm usually not into big brand-name as-seen-on-TV stuff, but it really works.

that instant stain erasing tide pen, baybeee.
    clorox pen rocks, too.
    what will they put in a pen next?!?

White out in a pen is awesome, even though it's not a cleaning thang.

Quote Originally Posted by prettynpink
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs_stroozi
    You should use Method's Triple Concentrate liquid then. I love it! I don't have to haul a huge honkin bottle or find a big enough shelf to store it.

OOOOoowweeeee! Where do I find this Triple Concentrate? Next to the regular Method? And does it come in fragrance free????

I'm a bit ashamed of how much I do love my swiffer wet jet (The mop-y thing)

It is designed to be disposable and whatnot - but I have at least nine kids tromping through my house every week for dance and acting classes - I need something that works quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by stella
    i'm allergic to dryer sheets (i can't even hug someone who uses Bounce without my face and arms itching and turning red) and they generate waste, so i don't think they're especially cool.
    I don't like the waste factor, but have read several suggestions for re-using them as dust cloths AND as drawer freshners, so I plan on using them multiple times before getting rid of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads