Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by scarletgenesis
    I don't like the waste factor, but have read several suggestions for re-using them as dust cloths AND as drawer freshners, so I plan on using them multiple times before getting rid of them.
    i save them up and then use them for times when i want extra softness. or when i run out - and usually too broke to buy more - i'll reuse a couple each load until they're just falling apart or soft enough for dusting. after just one use, i think they leave too much residue....

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_stroozi
    Quote Originally Posted by prettynpink
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs_stroozi
    I like the Method clothes detergent, but wish it came in a bigger bottle. I usually end up using mahoosive bottles of Tide free or Cheer free. I have a washer/dryer at home, so I don't have to lug a 100 oz bottle plus 8 loads of laundry to a laundromat.
    You should use Method's Triple Concentrate liquid then. I love it! I don't have to haul a huge honkin bottle or find a big enough shelf to store it.

OOOOoowweeeee! Where do I find this Triple Concentrate? Next to the regular Method? And does it come in fragrance free????
    My Target store carries the Triple Concentrate. Matter of fact I haven't even seen bigger bottles of Method. Target.com or the MethodHome.com sells it. And Triple Concentrate does come in Free+Clear and also Baby. LOVE IT!

Get this, I signed up for the free Advocacy Kit and recieved it today. I got a cute tshirt, coupons and 5 boxes of sample sets to give out. Aahhh!

Used dryer sheets can be used to clean shower doors pretty well, and I have used them to take out the lint from the dryer's lint catcher. I wonder if they would work as a swifter sheet replacement.

Tomico

I went to target and bought Method products:
    All-Purpose surface cleaner in Pink Grapefruit
    Bathroom tub and tile spray in eucalyptus mint
    Triple concentrated Laundry detergent in Fresh Air scent

Using the detergent now...and I used the surface cleaner to wipe off the kitchen counter and wow! Smelled wonderful and cleaned well. I didn't find these products particularly expensive, either.

I just tried the dryer sheet thing using one that I found on the floor.
    It was AWESOME. Our TV is gross and dusty, and it worked like a lovely little thing.

I've never used the Method products, but I bought them for my friend for Christmas because she doesn't have a lot of dinero. She loved them. Hoo-ray!

To halve the cost of the dryer sheets, simply cut them in half and use one half per dryer load. I can't really tell the difference, and the box lasts forEVER. They're also just the right size for small dust/debris pickup jobs, too.

The softener seems to be used more thoroughly as well, so I don't feel like I'm throwing out a semi-used sheet, too.

This odd purple rubber brush broom like thing. It takes cat hair off the couch and the carpet, then all you do is rinse it off. I found it a Target. It has bristles on one side then a squee-gee on the other so you can clean the windows. I can clean the sun roof on my car now. It has a telescoping handle on it. It is wonderful it cost 12.00 or something like that. I am going to use it to clean my outside windows this spring. Ha Ha. Big talk I'll let you know if I ever get to those windows. :)

Quote Originally Posted by scarletgenesis
    ahhh then goo gone and goop are the same thing. It rocks and doesnt have that icky chemical smell.
    They're not the same, though they probably have some ingredients in common.

Goop is a hand cleaner (like Go-Jo) - it's a cream, sort of oily, that takes grease and other heavy-duty stuff off your hands. You can use it waterless (just wipe it off) or rinse it off with water.

Goo-Gone is a liquid that removes sticker residue from surfaces. I think its base is orange oil, so it also cuts grease.

Quote Originally Posted by artlady75
    This odd purple rubber brush broom like thing. It takes cat hair off the couch and the carpet, then all you do is rinse it off. I found it a Target. It has bristles on one side then a squee-gee on the other so you can clean the windows. I can clean the sun roof on my car now. It has a telescoping handle on it. It is wonderful it cost 12.00 or something like that. I am going to use it to clean my outside windows this spring. Ha Ha. Big talk I'll let you know if I ever get to those windows. :)
    I have one of those, I love it, but then I broke the handle and it's just not the same. I use the squee-gee side to get hair off the carpet. My hair, it's not long, but holy crap, I have a lot of it, and most of it seems to be on the floor. It's vaccuum cleaner resistant, so the hair squee-gee is the only thing that works.

WoW! Sounds wonderful. I'm looking at the cleaning tools aisle next time I'm at Target. Is that where you found it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads