Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dryer Sheets....

...where have you been all my life?

So I am catching up on laundry today and in the bottom of the laundry caddy , way in the back, I spied a box (unused) of Bounce dryer sheets (w/ fabric softner). I've never used dryer sheets before, but thought, what the heck? I have no idea where they came from...the laundry faerie maybe? Anyway I threw one in and OMG. I've never felt such soft laundry before!!! You can bet I'm a convert....I never thought they'd work or be worth the price, but I'll be buying these from now on!

What are some new household-type discoveries that you've made?

2. # ADS

Did you use fabric softener in the washer before? I haven't ever used them either. I might just have to try them if they make them softer than the liquid fabric softener. :)

Swiffer Dusters are my favorite thing in the world. lol. It's so much easier than dusting with a damp rag. Half of it does fly into the air, but it's not bad if I dust often...it takes like 5-10 minutes to dust the entire house.

Goo Gone. I love that stuff.

Barkeeper's Friend for my stainless steel pots and pans, it makes them so pretty.

Nope never used any fabric softners before.

Is Goo Gone like Goop? Goop is this orangey smelling stuff that takes anything off your skin. It removed all this paint on my arms when 20 minutes of scrubbing in the shower wouldnt.

Don't use the fabric softeners, sheets or liquid, with your towels or microfiber items! They will gum up the fibers in the fabric; the towels won't dry as well and the microfiber items lose their magic.

I like the used sheets as emergency, heavy duty initial dusting clothes. Man but they pick up industrial dust and lint well. I used them when I sanded paint off the window frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea
    Goo Gone. I love that stuff.
    Goo Gone is the bomb diggety. I kinda like CLR too.

The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I even wiped things away that were supposed to be there when I discovered that thing.

Magic Erasers rock. I used them to clean off my windows from caulking and paint mistakes. No scratching of the glass either.

I haven't ever used Goop, but Goo Gone is an orangey thing too. It gets sticky stuff off. Like price stickers on glassware, or stickers on anything else. I use it at work when we have to clean our aisles and get the sticky residue from tags off the edge of the shelves. With regular cleaner, you have to scrub for like 10 minutes, goo gone gets it off sometimes in one little wipe. :)

When we moved out of our last apt, my parents helped us clean (actually a little too much) and we had that black spot that appears behind TVs on the wall. My mom wanted to use the magic eraser she bought, but then that spot was cleaner than the rest of the wall. :)

ahhh then goo gone and goop are the same thing. It rocks and doesnt have that icky chemical smell.

Hmmm, I've always been pretty domestic so it's been awhile since I discovered a new product or item for use in my home. I usually stick with tried and trues without a ton of bad chemicals added.

This might do though...

I discovered Method home products, and I love them. No more of those chemical cleaning smells, just lovely natural smelling fragrances. I've got a sensitive sniffer. Plus they are safe to use around children and pets.

Oh and I found out that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is made out of a readily available material, Melamine Foam. You can find it cheaper and bigger elsewhere. ;) Melamine Foam will soon be making an appearence in my home.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads