Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: honeymoons

we haven't set anything in stone yet, but the front runner right now is belize.

we were going to costa rica (hey becca13!) but i'm going there on a school trip, so we went for something else.

2. # ADS

Just got back yesterday from our honeymoon....and I think everyone should take one. It's 8 months after the wedding, and a nice opportunity to spend time together and get away.

We did a cruise on Royal Caribbean. We left from Ft. Lauderdale, stopped in Key West, Cozumel, and Belize. It was wonderful, and a great way to see a lot in 5 days. I loved it, and have never felt so pampered in my life!

Ours wasn't really the trip of a lifetime. We went to St Lucia for five days. We both decided we just wanted/needed to relax. We were living in London at the time and came back to the US for the wedding. Plus he and his mates had the big New York trip tacked on to the beginning of our wedding week, before driving down to NC. (By that time, we didn't have much time left to take off for the honeymoon.)

In fact, day one of our honeymoon we were in Miami - and we spent the day doing laundry! Seriously! And that Monday, we watched Monday Night Football (the Dolphins) and ate cheap bar food in a South Beach bar. It was so American - and yet Miami.

Oh - and brdgt: I happen to know that the Amsterdam Hilton was where John & Yoko held their love-in for Peace in 1969. (Where's my cookie?!)

We've taken several trips:

1) bicycle tours around Quebec and British Columbia

2) beach-vacation to Dominican Republic (otherwise known as the drunk Jenga vacation - kind of fun but very unllikely we would ever do it again.

3) Beach and family vacation to US Virgin Islands (where I ended up in hospital!)

4) vacation to the east Coast of Canada - visiting family, camping, whale watching, etc etc

This year we will go to San Franciso to visit family and to have a brief vacation.

Our "dream" is to do a backpacking vacation in Turkey, and various bicycle / hiking vacations over Europe. Were we to plan a honeymoon it would have the same goals - go somwhere new with interesting landscape and culture, spend as much time eating local food and being outside as possible. However, right now we are spending all of our extra $ on renovations and house maitenance that our cottage desperately needs - we can only go to San Fran b/c my partner has to go for work and gets to travel for free. It will be a long time before we take vacations elsewhere!

I'm a trip girl so, when I got married, we went on our honeymoon before the wedding! We went to Amsterdam, London and then back to Amsterdam..it was the boy's first time in Europe and we had the best time!!

I think a honeymoon can happen at any point....and everyone can benefit from traveling no matter how far or close you go...it's healthy in so many ways to get away, change your perspective, see how other cultures live, put down all of your daily routines and see the world!

I urge anyone who skipped the honeymoon to start planning one now!! It's never too late.

I'm getting divorced soon and I want to know do I get to take a trip for that??? Hahahah. It's not a bad divorce...I'm glad for it and he's had his struggles with it but, we are both ok and good with it now. We both live with our new mates and we are both happy little clams. (Ok, so I went off subject..couldn't help it.)

Quote Originally Posted by appleseeds
    I'm getting divorced soon and I want to know do I get to take a trip for that???
    I would certainly think so--for all the reasons that a honeymoon is good for a couple beginning their journey together, a trip exploring your new identity as a single person could also be meaningful. Particularly since you don't sound traumatized by the divorce, there are less fears of you going off on the road alone and being miserable, too.

We paid for most of the wedding so I took my husband for his first camping trip. We spent 3 days at the Warren Dunes in Michigan, it was great. It has been six months since our wedding and now were planning a trip to Europe this spring. 3 days in London then a week in Budapest. I can't wait, my first time out of North America.

Engaged not long ago, so not exactly sure, but we want to go to Prague or somewhere else very cold. We're both from Texas and love snow, since we never see it here. If Prague fails, I think we're bound for Oregon or Washington.

My parents have been to Prauge and just loved it. I hope I can go this spring when I'm in Europe.

My husband and I flew to Colorado from Boston after our wedding in Maine, got a rental car and drove to L.A. with stops at the Grand Canyon, Zion Canyon, and Bryce Canyon to hike, and we went to Las Vegas. We mostly tented, but we did have a couple nights in a hotel here and there. We flew from Las Vegas back to our apartment in Massachusetts. It was the best honeymoon ever!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads