Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: honeymoons

My husband and I were married in Ireland (in Doolin - for anyone interested) and we honeymooned in Venice. We had planned on driving around Ireland, but we didn't want to run into other people who were there for the wedding driving around (a LOT of people from our wedding ran into each other afterwards driving up and down the coast). Venice was nice, but crowded. But it didn't matter, we just wandered around and ate and drank. We did go back to Ireland for a few days after the honeymoon and that was also a blast.

BTW, New Zealand sounds AWESOME! And I'm very jealous. Have fun.

My only advice for a honeymoon is don't plan to do too much. After planning a wedding and getting married, I wanted to relax and not make too many decisions (and we had a small, simple wedding).

m.

2. # ADS

We went to Switzerland the summer before we got married to visit my family and tour around for 2 weeks. It was a blast!! My husband had never been anyplace requiring a passport before. Free room and board, lots of good family and fun, and beautiful scenery. What more could you ask for?
    After our actual wedding, we drove to RI with my MIL for me to meet their family there. We took a drive to Newport (w/o MIL) for a day of window shopping, dinner, and beach combing. Very pretty, and fun!

Hub's father passed away exactly a month before our wedding, but he didn't want to postpone it. I even offered to cancel the whole thing and elope, but he said we'd continue with the plans we'd made.

He didn't have much time off since he took a week for the funeral and grieving. We needed to get back to start settling the estate. We stayed at the hotel with all our friends and watched the World Series on the big screen tv in the suite I'd rented for the girls. We went to my parents' house for breakfast and to open gifts with those who were still around. Then we began the drive home from AL to PA.

We stayed at a little hotel in Abdingdon, VA, ordered Domino's Pizza, and watched the World Series. We got home Monday evening and hub went to work on Tuesday.

Sixteen months later, we went to Vegas and called that our delayed honeymoon.

I guess brdgt had a "bedin" for her honeymoon... great idea.

Lucky and I went for a 4 day honeymoon to Old Montreal and Vermont (the Trapp Faimly Resort)... we didn't know when we were getting married until 88 days before so we already had concert tickets to see the Eagles.

Hopefully, soon we will be able to go somewhere romantic for vacation before the chilluns come and we will have to go to Sesame Place.

We went to Port Douglas, which is a small town an hour north of Cairns, Queensland, Australia. We hired a car and explored local markets, went snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef and spent most days wandering the main street & eating breakfast at different cafes. It was fantastic.

me and the girl are saving up for vietnam and cambodia
    we met in cambodia and are exited to see vietnam

new zeland sounds way romantic

We did a two week road trip on what was left of Route 66, from Chicago to LA. Two of our favorite stops-- our stay at the Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo, Texas (with enormous steaks, the best cowboy beans in the country, and a Texas shaped swimming pool) and our 3 day side trip to the Grand Canyon. Best trip ever!

We went to Banff, Alberta in October 2004. It started snowing the day before our wedding and we are from Dallas so it was so much fun just to hike through the snow! We also rode horses in the snow and it was so beautiful. The mountains, the trees the snow... I want to go back!

We went to South Africa on safari. To say it was amazing is an understatment. South Africa is an awesome country.

Re: Honeymoons/Anniversaries

Well, when we got married - we didn't have any money - and we also had my 4 kids - ages 16 to 22 months - and my mother with us! So, we ended up just going back to the little, cramped studio apartment. However, several months later, we took my Mom and and the kids to Disneyworld in FL. It was a 'family honeymoon' - as we had just started our life together as a family.

We didn't get to go off just the two of us until about a year or more later, when we flew down to GA to pick up a car that we had purchased from a military family who was being transferred overseas. So - we basically had 1 night together at a little motel outside Atlanta. Then - non-stop driving cross country - because we knew the kids would walk all over their grandma!

My website wasn't available then - but I was asked to start my own company writing a program for a romance game. Many couples tend to get into a rut when it comes to romance! If you are interested - check http://www.drdlight.com. It is geared for married adults - but no nudity on it. (I can't say what my affiliates may have!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads