Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: honeymoons

we got married in oxford last month (where we met, about an hour from london) and decided to do a whistle-stop tour of the british isles for the honeymoon (since we were already out there, it was a huge money-saver).

oxford was great - we'd lived there in '99, so it felt different but comfortable all at once. we got there on a wednesday, tooled away until the wedding on sunday, then relaxed in our rented apartment, drinking tea and watching our favorite old british game shows, until that wednesday.

then we took a train to glasgow, which unbeknownst to either of us, is a HUGE party town. i'd say it's like seattle, with a little bit of nyc's west village thrown in - lots of young people, lots of indie music, and everyone was really nice. i admit that it was hard not to lapse into a fake scottish accent (a la mike myers in "so i married an axe murderer").

then belfast (northern ireland) for three days, which was...interesting. the surrounding countryside is beautiful (the antrim coast), but the city itself seemed very tense to us. we're both world history dorks and were fascinated by the remnants of paramilitary stuff, but having that as a backdrop isn't so honeymoon-esque, y'know?

then london, which is even more expensive than i'd remembered it being! we were both so tired at that point that we skipped the robo-tourism (also we'd both spent a lot of time there, so we got the big things out of the way years ago), but it was a good way to finish the trip. i was ready to come home when we did - though now that i've been back at work for two weeks (since last tuesday), i'm ready to go away again!

2. # ADS

We spent the night in the Super 8 in the small Idaho town where we had gotten married, figuring out the logistics of consumating the dang thing with my eight month preggers belly in the way...

We are so not romantic:)

But really, we just enjoyed spending time together, regardless of the location. :)

When my husband and I got married, we were young and had no money and jobs that didn't let us have much time off. Now we've been married for 7 years, and I got hired to shoot our friends' wedding in Hawaii in December. We're seeing this as our last (and first) big getaway before our first child is born in February, so we'll be in Oahu! I'm really excited for our "babymoon".

And now where it is better to go on a honeymoon ???

Nowadays, there are a lot of ways to travel, the modern world gives you the opportunity to go anywhere in the world for little money, and as you know, the most romantic city on the planet is Paris !! And if you suddenly decide to go there, I highly recommend renting the most beautiful apartments in the city https://www.glamourapartments.com , you really like spending time there.

we went to India

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Ads