Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: honeymoons

honeymoons

where would/did you go - or stay?
    what would/did you do?

my honey and i are saving for a 2 week honeymoon in New Zealand. a culmination of spare change - 10 bucks here - 10 bucks there... it's a dream of ours and it's been a while - which means we're getting relatively close. (horray!)

anyone else want to share?

2. # ADS

my dream would be Zanzibar (Tanzania) or Sardinia (Italy)

Our wedding took place in Florida (I have family there), while we lived in Pennsylvania--so instead of a honeymoon, we went down to Florida a week early to handle last-minute wedding decisions and wedding prep there. We stayed at a cute little apartment on the waterfront with a tiny kitchen, about 15 minutes from my mother's house and 30 minutes from the wedding site. We hung out on the docks, watched sunsets whilst drinking Coronas, and generally just enjoyed each other's company.

Though typing it out reminds me how blissful it all was, I do have some regret about not taking a true honeymoon, as we've now been married nearly four years and haven't traveled anywhere together that wasn't related to family or business. On the other hand, it just wasn't financially feasible at the time to swing it, so we can always make plans for our 5-year or 10-year anniversary instead. ;)

Paris and Amsterdam for 10 days. In fact, we stayed at the Amsterdam Hilton - a cookie for you if you know the significance.

I'm not good with those "relaxing on a beach in a gated resort" type vacations. I need museums, culture and variety.

We didn't do anything. We didn't have much money, and even if we did he hates spending it like that. ;)

I would've loved to go to Italy or Spain...but there's no way. Within reach would be staying at my mom's boss's condo in Florida, but he didn't offer it =( it's on an island and is absolutely beautiful.

Hawaii (Maui and Honolulu) and San Francisco. We had so much FUN!

My husband and I went to New Zealand while dating. Just Auckland but we took day trips outside of it. You'll love it.

We drove across country. Camped, stayed with friends a bit and moteled it when we needed to. Some highlights were: camping, learning and exploring in Chaco Canyon NM, seeing the guitars being made at the Gibson plant in Memphis TN, renting a hot tub at Ten Thousand Waves outside of Sante Fe, and just being spontaneous (in short supply once you have kids)!!!

New Zealand is amazing. I recommend spending as much time as you can on the south island. Great people and great fun.

We went to San Frasico, that is where he proposed to me 2 years before we got married. So we reenacted our date that we had, the night he proposed. Then we went to wine country, we love wine and we took a cooking class, we love to cook together. We got a lot of wine that we mailed home. We still have some. We have one bottle for our 25th anniversary and one for our 50th anniversary. We live in Iowa but we love the west coast.

We went to Hot Springs, Arkansas. Not the first place you'd think of as a vacation destination - but it's gorgeous there, and pretty affordable. We stayed at the Arlington, a beautiful art deco hotel. It has a naturally heated swimming pool, and then up a little higher is a smaller, warmer pool, and at the top level is a hot tub - all heated from the natural springs. The scenery there is lush and gorgeous. We were there in May, just in time to see the last of the magnolias on the trees.

We also took a little side trip to Graceland. 'Cause if you're that close, you pretty much have to.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads