Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Music/Drum Birthday Party Ideas

I'm doing it again, planning for his birthday WAY in advance. My son is going to have a music themed (drums are his favortie) 4th birthday party. I've thought about making drum cupcakes with pretzels dipped in white chocolate for the drum sticks - any ideas for the icing? I'm saving playdough cups for shakie thingies, maybe oatmeal containers to make drums. For the party favors I think we're going to make mix cds of my son's favorite songs. Any other ideas for decorations, games, snacks, invitation, or anything? Thanks

2. # ADS

How many kids are participating? Those are cool ideas. The oatmeal containers are great, aren't they?

If you can think of a use for any of my body butter containers, I would gladly send some to you........

How about "Pin the feather on the drum major ('s hat)"?? LOL!!

Hmmmm...all I can think of for the cupcakes would be to use fruit leather for the tops.

Hmmmm....crepe paper streamers stamped w/ music notes? The eraser end of pencils make really great imitation drumsticks 'cuz they'll bounce really well off the tops of the oatmeal containers. Maybe you could find some with music notes printed on them?
    A while back I had thought of using those round brie cheese containers as little tambourines. I was going to drill small holes into the wooden sides and attach jingle bells with some strong thread at even intervals, and either paint the flat part, or use colored duct tape to cover the label.
    Boy-this is harder than I thought!!
    My small boy had his 4th b-day on Jan. 26th. We were all sick, though, so I only managed to get him a store bought cake and add the lettering myself along w/ a "4" candle!!
    I'll come back if I have any good brain storms for you!!

Hmmm...I like to slide jingle bells onto pipe cleaners and then twist them around kids' wrists or ankles for dance class sometimes...

I've made drums out of- Big ole cheese puff containers (from Sam's club) Coffee cans (took the bottom off with a can opener and used the lid as the 'skin') and drum sticks out of dowels with big bouncy balls superlued on. (I drilled a hole a bit in to the ball - very carefully!)

A fun percussion game to play is "echo me" You clap out a ryhthm and the kids echo it back to you.

Thanks for the great ideas. It will probably be around 12 kids or so. We're going to hire my son's music teacher to perform (not our usual style but I'll have just given birth and don't think I'll have all that much energy).
    I just had an idea, to write the invitations on drumsticks. Anybody know where to buy them CHEAP?

Selah~ I could swear I saw something like a 6-pack of drumsticks....maybe at Target?? I didn't catch how much they were, though. I've already got 2 prs, so I didn't really look too closely!

My son turned 4 in December, and we actually had a rhythm/drum party for him at a local museum. It was great fun. His cake was a 10-inch round cake, decorated with icing to look like a drum (only I didn't make it, I cheated and got the bakery to do it!). The bakery made drumsticks out of wooden skewers and attached a ball of marzipan (colored to match the icing) to the top.

You could play musical chairs to some rhythmic music. My son loves that game.

Another party favor idea: you can fill little plastic eggs with dried beans to make percussion eggs.

Have fun!!

sounds cool!
    may it not go the way of the robot party, though! wish my little chacha could be there - she was hitting triples before she could walk! and the boy.... he'd be accompanying everyone on his acoustic. "mama where's my pick?!?!?" (cue the giant tears....)

Sarabell - LOL at the robot party memory. This time he has no choice - although this morning he mentioned wanting a "skeleton party and everyone would bring a skull made out of paper". Um, maybe next year!? I have experienced the dramatics of a lost pic. Why are those things so damn small!

when my brother was a colonial drummer boy for halloween, my mom went to the local icecream store for used containers (the 5 gallon ones that they scoop out of), washed them, picked the best one and decorated it with some felt. People were asking her where she had "bought" it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads