Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

maternity clothes that are not sucky

my brother's fiance is pregnant. Two and a half months. It's hard to find cute maternity clothes anyway, especially if you want sweatshop free (she doesn't really care) and rockabilly-punk-ish. and not diy hardcore crust punk... like ... alkaline trio.

where can you find cute pregnancy clothes? i'm having a hard time finding any. her waist size now is 46" around. if i do actually find something cute, it's maybe a XL at best.

help?!

2. # ADS

I don't know if they are sweat shop or not, I won't buy anything made in China and that's my main shopping rule, other than avoiding Wal-Mart......anyhoooo.....I've seen a bunch of really cool maternity clothes in Target the past 2 weeks.
    Actually, I picked up a few things and wanted to try them on and then realized they were maternity! Ooops.

Re: maternity clothes that are not sucky

Quote Originally Posted by h_pets360
    ... she's talked him into joining the air force, and they plan on getting married before he goes to boot camp. in april.
    I know this isn't what you asked, but the sentence "talked him into joining the air force" is giving me the willies.

Please tell me the situation is better than it sounds. Putting your life on the line shouldn't be something that you're "talked into".

Sometimes you have to look at charity shops or eBay. At least they're recycled. And Target - because they have sure stuff.

A lot of my stuff came from friends (second hand). I never felt as cute as when I had on a denim mini-skirt and a t-shirt..... Getting that miniskirt was key.....And I think it came from Motherhood, of all places!

((Marina-Trilobyte, I wish it was better than it sounds. This kid used to be politically minded, make fun of me for my taste in music, and involved in local events and booking noise bands. Now he's joining the military, states ... in a somewhat robotic voice ... that disney movies are good, that all the bands his fiance listens to are good, and doesn't leave his house unless his fiance is with him or kicks him out. the other day, he slept on my couch, and stated "Everything's good. Everything's fine. She says she's going to put the baby up for adoption, but everything's going to be okay." She's not really going to do it, I think, she just uses the baby as a wedge. It's ... f***ed up. and when I tell them so, they don't talk to me for weeks. Which might be okay if my brother wasn't planning on joining the military and then god knows what. I never imagined any of my siblings getting involved with someone with this much drama and bullsh**. I don't know how to be supportive and protective and fix everything. I'm trying to be there for him, and she has rotten self-esteem, and I try to empathize but I'm sick of MY heart feeling like it's gonna break, dammit))
    /venting

Everything's fine. I'm going to make her a pregnancy shirt, and magically, everything will be fine.

/robot voice

cackalakie - thanks. i did check ebay, but didn't find much in her size that was cute.
    i'll mention target to her.

This place is great looking :
    http://www.euphoriamaternity.com/maternity.html

but it does look kind of pricey.

Old Navy has some cute stuff.
    I don't know if it's sweatshop free, but my friend was wearing a pair of maternity jeans from there and I couldn't tell at all. I actually asked her how she was wearing normal jeans (she was 6 months along at the time) and she pulled up her shirt a little and showed me the big pocket thing.
    Amazing.

Old Navy is owned by the same company that owns the GAP and Banana Republic. They definately use sweatshops : http://www.responsibleshopper.org/ba...m?cusip=364760

Thanks for that euphoria site. They do have some cute tops there.

Thrift stores and consignment shops!!

I have actually found some of the best things at a Goodwill that is in a sort of upper-middle-class suburb, rather than the more urban ones I usually would shop at. I think it's because in the suburbs you get a lot more mom-types who have the ability to just give away things they no longer need. And--I can't deny that I've even bought a bunch of items that still have the tags on them. Score!

And yeah, sometimes those suburbia thrift shops are more expensive, but when you compare it to new stuff (and the "other" costs associated with buying sweatshop items) it's still a really good deal.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads