Painting a nursery

Okay, I haven't asked the apt. people yet if we can even paint at all, but I want to paint our nursery a light green that doesn't look pastel. I've only looked at WalMart, but it's been a little discouraging because I just don't see anything that's the right color, it's all a little off somehow. Sometimes they're close, but then when I look at it over and over it's too pastel looking. Hopefully we won't be renting TOO much longer, but it will be a few years and I hope the color will grow with them.

Anyone have suggestions on paint brands that have great colors? or are they all pretty much the same.

Also, I'm very clueless as to what kind of paint to buy. I want to get good quality, but I can't spend a whole lot.

2. # ADS

i think youll be surprised about what paint on a wall looks like versus on the swatch. i picked out a green that i thought was very slight, but after i applied the paint it was GREEN! it was a lovely celery, cant recall the brand though..

Do you have a piece of fabric or something that is the perfect color your looking for? You can take it to most paint stores, I'm pretty sure they do this at lowes or home depot...anyway. You can take in your fabric or whatever and they can mix your paint to match.

they can make you ANY color of paint that you could ever want. just find something the right color and take it in to a good home repair/supply store and they will hook you up.

when is the baby due? if its real close you can get paint that is low odor/chemicals so that its safer for the baby to breathe.

We've gotten all our paint at Lowe's. They have millions of colors.

Maybe you could go with something along the lines of a sage green, or something like this:

http://www.dulux.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...ourNumber=2443

Our living room is painted Sherwin Williams "Shagreen" and I love it. We actually started a shade lighter, and you couldn't see it. I don't have a picture, but it's a cheerful celery shade.

SW paint is a little more expensive, but my husband painted for a contractor during summers in college, and will NOT use anything else. He can tell a quality difference. I, the not as experienced painter, cannot tell a difference.

I would love to have painted my daughter's room green but my husband is red green colour blind and hates green because to him it looks dull and gray. Instead we kept the room off white, the same as the rest of the house, and I'm adding colour with sheets, blankets, toys etc.

Let us know which paint & shade you decide on, and post some before and after pics!

Remove Ads

Ads