Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

spring cleaning?

Has anyone done a big old spring cleaning yet? I am so aching to do a big cleaning and decluttering but just don't seem to have a chance to. I hope to take some big boxes this weekend and run around the house like a fiend collecting crap for goodwill.

Cobwebs and clutter begone!! Heeeyaw! (Howard Dean-like yelp of delight).

2. # ADS

Fortunately, I am more than half way done with the house. Yeah for me! I like to get things done as early as possible so as the weather gets warmer I'm free to work in the garden or whatever else. Summer is coming! I refuse to be couped up in a house with all of this sunshine! Ha Ha

Not yet, but when we do we are rearranging our living room and I can't wait!

I usually do a big spring cleaning when the semester is over, which is in just a few weeks (well, and as procrastination while finishing my final papers...)

I've started going thru boxes and purging stuff, and my Dad is helping me get going on misc. little odd jobs that require the use of tools I don't own.
    Haven't started yet with the wall washing and airing out of the house yet.
    But at least I've got a head start with the yard. About a month ago I raked up 7 bags full of leaves, stcks, and other debris. So That'll give me free time to copncentrate on other yard jobs when it's sunny.
    Rainy days are for the junk sorting and indoor cleaning.
    :)

I've been doing the spring clean for several weeks now. Dozens and dozens of boxes of stuff to the thrift store. I started out cleaning out my breakfast nook so I could use as a sewing room, but then needed room to put a few things that were stored there, so then I had to clean out my closet. The hallway storage alcove is next on my list. I usually do a good weekly cleaning so I don't do lots extra other than pull out furniture and wash all curtains. Mostly Spring cleaning for me is getting rid of the excess.

been spring cleaning forever it feels like

Hi. I am new to this site. So nice to see other people who have clutter because of crafting! I have been ruthless (for me) and cleaning out for the last two months. Still a long way to go but my "studio" is shaping up nicely. Donating to Goodwill, local charities, a youth center, quilters in need, and now a local high school! Still have way too much STUFF.

Has anyone read the book "Where Women Create"? A friend let me borrow hers and I can't go a day without sitting down to read it! So now I am filled with creative solutions/ideas to having a more functional home while still being able to create.

Still have a long way to go though to get each room to GREAT shape but closing in on GOOD shape so I am open to any tidbits/suggestions. And once I reach GOOD shape I have to go empty out that storage unit I keep paying money for each month! Just think what I could buy with that money!!! More STUFF! lol...

Kathy

ti
    I am beginning to ... but allergies in my area are killing me! Finally went to the doctor and got some stuff to help me out - only to find out I have some serious sinus issues and an infection. :(

I was "ruthless (for me)"* with shoes and clothes to donate.

I am also motivated because I want the house cleaned before I begin our garden outside. I know it is late but I don't want to have spring cleaning ADD - where I go from one place to another!

Mr. ti says that I always have some reason not to clean - like I need to grade, I'm sick - or exhausted, etc. and I realized I need to stop giving myself (and others) excuses about whyI can't do something. Call it my spring resolution if you will!!

Besides I might have family coming to visit this summer AND I want to have a big 'ole partay - just because I am not working this summer!

*to quote rubyfan

shoes and clothing

Quote Originally Posted by ti
    I was "ruthless (for me)"* with shoes and clothes to donate.
    *to quote rubyfan
    Thanks for the honorable mention! Ok, I guess I will take this as a sign I need to get back into the big closet and finish those final two racks of clothing I don't wear now? That should work - and then Goodwill should get a load full of clothing next weekend! And probably another box to my sister and nieces.

Thats the good thing out of this - my taste ran towards classics for years so the designs are timeless and my nieces are now teenagers and have no problem taking these pieces and adding their personal touches to make it theirs. Now I guess I still buy classic but very casual.

Anyone else want to set a goal for this week? "Ti" - you could teach your husband a lesson by doing mega stuff while you are sick or by doing nothing...just to show him he is right. And maybe he needs to do dinner every night too while you are sick. Hmm....its a tough call. Or maybe you set a goal and he has to do dinner each night....

Kathy - off to do an hour in the garage before it hits 90 today...then the closet week

Kathy

We've started, a little, so far. I've been itching to do a really deep cleaning, I just wish I didn't have to DO it. ;)

We've got our second bedroom cleared out for the baby, I just have to go through the old dressers and put my stuff in the new dresser. I had been using the closet in the 2nd bedroom so I have to clean that out too.

I have so much stuff to get rid of, it's actually kind of fun because I realize I'm making all kinds of room when it feels like we have none.

I've decided to give flylady a try because supposedly you never need to spring clean again. Though I'm not sure how I feel about forgoing that sense of accomplishment that comes from a thorough spring clean. :-)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads