Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me time pact

Me time pact

So, my husband and I have been very snappish with each other and both feel very stretched (not an unusual thing for families these days I'm sure).

So we decided to make a pact so we can both get a bit of "me time" in each week since we are sorely lacking. The me time is supposed to be for enjoyable pursuits and not chores (and the other person's supposed to call you on it if you sneak in crappy chores, although I think that will be hard at first!) - and the other person takes sole care of our baby during that time.

We each picked our own night. He picked Mondays (we're calling it mantime monday) and I picked Thursdays.

Does anyone else do something like this? It feels kind of geeky to schedule it but I think it's the only way it will happen!! I'm looking forward to my first metime thursday next week.

2. # ADS

I think it's a great idea!

CraftinFool, don't even listen to anyone who tells you this is geeky! You and your husband are taking charge of your schedule and filling your needs--that's what counts. I think if you both support each other, this will work out well for you. In general, I think more couples could benefit from this sort of discussion. :D

If you don't schedule it, you'll feel like you never have time because of everything that has to be done. Even though it IS one of those things that has to be done.

I really like the idea...although it's really not that hard for me to skip chores ;) hehe.

I think it's a wonderful idea to schedule nights for *Me time*!!
    While my husband and I don't schedule our personal down times, if one of us wants to head off to the local bookstore, at store, fabric store, etc., then we do it while the other stays home w. the kiddies.
    It's fun to take that time for yourself and let yourself get lost in whatever floats your boat, ie: browsing a bunch of books you might otherwise not look at, or getting creative inspiration for your next project.......and spending entirely more money than you had intended because you just happened to hit the store during a really great sale!

My me time is Sunday afternoon. If I didn't schedule the down time I wouldn't get it and I'm single with no kids. And I only work on projects for me--not things for other people. Sometimes I head off the the craft store or quilt shop, but mostly I stay home and play. My co-workers appreciate it as I come in to work on Mondays in a much better humor.

I have me time on the weekends. I go to the shops for a couple of hours and just wander around looking at books, clothes etc. I have to get out of the house for my me time because my husband looks after our daughter and when I'm home I can't relax if she is fussing even though he is in charge. So I go out!

I would also suggest everyone to have an "us weekend" at least once a year. Leave the kids behind and remind yourselves why you love each other. My sister and her husband have it as an anniversery celebration.

I know it is easier said than done. I don't have kids and I still see this as an extreemly important thing.

Tomico

Well, so far the me time isn't doing too well....for several weeks we both have postponed for other things...but hopefully next week we'll be back on track.

I'm thinking that leaving the house will be the est way to go as someone suggested, maybe to the library or a coffee shop.

It sounds to me neither of you are holding up the other end of the bargain, but I agree leaving the house sounds like a good plan.

Tomico

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads