No More Student Loan!!

I figure this goes here, 'cause it's part of the financial part of making a happy home.

We got our tax refund check today. (Thank you kids ;-))

And then I mailed in what will be my last student loan payment EVER!!! Also payed off the line of credit we had lingering around from an account we no longer use (and were waiting to close it out once we had the credit paid off) We still have too much debt, but it feels good to know that there are two bills I won't have to worry about getting paid every month. (And I can use that money to work toward paying off our two credit cards.)

Woo hoo!

Oh yea - just a reminder to all you early twenty-somethings. Debt sucks. If you are going to use credit - investigate and learn how to use it wisely first! :-) Yeah, yeah, Do as I Say and all that....

2. # ADS

Congratulations!! I don't think there are many better feelings than paying off debt, and not many worse feelings than being in debt. I feel like saying keep up the good work!! Your industriousness is bringing out the teacher in me!

Congratulations! I can't wait to be through with student loans. You must be thrilled.

WHAT A FEELING!!! I can't wait until im there...of course it will be a while my husband just started grad school. But it will come. Congrats!

I remember very clearly mailing off my last undergrad loan payment. Good for you!!!

(Now I get to pay off my grad school loan starting in about a year...)

I'm still happy dancing! And trying to remember what a nice, liberating feeling this is to keep me motivated to whittle down our other debts as quickly as I can!! Just the thought of not having to hassle with mailing it each month makes me giggle a little bit!

Nice work. That is quite the milestone. Give me hope that I will get there someday too!!

argh. i just finished my undergrad and have several years left before i am finished with grad school. (going for my doctorate.) i'm so scared to see how much i am going to rack up. i'm already 19k in the hole. i'm going to work all summer to pay off the unsubsidized part of the debt though.

i'm just scared of how much debt i've already accumulated.

Remove Ads

Ads