Baby Karaoke: sing to your baby

I'm recommending this Australian parenting site. About halfway down the first page is a link to "Baby Karaoke" which is actually a group of nursery rhymes with accompanying animation. The idea is you can learn and practice singing to your baby. I play them to Clio and sing along while we watch the pictures.

Interesting trivia: The man singing the nursery rhymes is Don Spencer, one of the hosts of Play School when I was growing up and also Russell Crowe's father -in-law.

2. # ADS

Thank you! So far, all I have is Patty Cake and the Itsy Bitsy Spider and distracting during diaper changes is becoming a challenge.

Thanks for this site! I'm a new parent and also I work with early childhood education and I see a lot of parenting sites. This one is really engaging and it gives alot of good information! I can't wait to share it with my co-workers and some other moms!

Ah, I'm glad you both liked the site. :-)

sjkmaurice, we hung a soft toy butterfly above (and slightly to the right of) our change table. Clio is obsessed with it and it's very distracting! We make it through most changes thanks to good old butterfly!

picapica, have you seen Kiddley? I came across this the other day and have only had a quick look, but the first thing that occurred to me was that it might have some good ideas and activities I could use at work (I'm a teacher). Today I'm drooling over the ideas they have for decorating baby rooms.

Thanks for this pudding. I am going to share it with my husband.

When I worked with developmentally challenged kids years ago I learned a ton of these and I sometimes forget that not everyone knows all these interactive songs so sometimes he feels left out I think. so having this will help for him.

Remove Ads

Ads