Decorating nursery

Okay. I'm limited here because we're renting and can't really paint because we don't want to re-paint when we move. So. Any ideas for a cool little girl's nursery? =) I hate the pre-packaged theme stuff they sell at baby stores.

Any ideas on color combos that look really good with white? I'm hoping to make it look like the white wall color was on purpose :)

Also, there was a fabric webpage that I found on here a while back that sells awesome fabric in "sets" It seemed geared towards kids decor. My mind is completely blanking on the name.

Any suggestions on where I can find cute kids bedroom "stuff" (lamps, art, pillows, etc).

What we have - antique-white furniture and a VanGogh Starry Night print w/ a gold frame (blues and greens)

2. # ADS

nursery

I think what you have started with sounds great! The secret to decorating with white... is lots of texture... adding an upholstered-slip-covered chair will warm up the space...I love photo-copying pictures from vintage childrens books..but why not assemble some frames now for a future baby gallery.. I love the look of a clothesline on the wall with little clothespins to hold photo's ... A chandelier as a light fixture would luxe up the space...as would a way to display dresses..so that way even as she has outgrown the dresses you can display them..

You are talking about Javis Davis I think. Nice stuff there. I like brighter colors. They are more stimulating to a baby anyway.

We had to go with what we could afford plus lots of hand-me-downs, so most of what we have clashes or isn't what I would have chosen.

Our money went into converting the room into a liveable space for Clio: we painted, replaced the carpet and added a window (the biggest expense, there were no windows in her funny little room).

I'm consoling myself with the idea that when we change furniture to "big girl" stuff, like replacing the cot with a bed and chucking the change table, we'll be in a position to be a bit more choosy.

We have a couple of "mass produced" items from the Kidsline Barnyard range, mixed with colourful, msimatched pictures, sheets and mobiles. The nicest thing about our mismatched decor is that everything was given to Clio with love, as gifts from excited and caring relatives and friends. I like the fact that the room is "busy" and Clio has lots of stimulating things to look at.

I've taken photos of the "before" and we are quickly approaching the "after" photo stage so I'll post some pictures when we've finished (hey, Clio's only 5 months old: better late than never!) so you can see what I'm trying to describe.

If I were you I'd probably try to choose fabrics that pick up on the colours in your picture, and make that the "theme" to the room. One thing we've done is stayed away from a girly, pink room because it's likely Clio will be sharing should another baby come along.

Aaarrgghhh! I did a double post! Sorry! :-)

Remove Ads

Ads