Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to hide a TV?

I'm looking for ideas on how to creatively "hide" a 30" TV. The only place to put the TV is the wall that you see the moment you walk in the front door of my house and I just don't want the TV to be the first thing you see, you know?

We can't really afford a traditional entertainment center with doors. I'm trying to stamp out the idea of building my own because I could see that as being a huge flop. :)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS

Keep your eyes open at thrift stores and for big garbage days, and lawn sales for an armore wardrobe thing with the shelf and bottom drawers, if you need to, sand it and paint it. That way you'll have television storage and in the drawers you can keep board games or movies and video games or whatever you want. I'm sure you can find something pretty cheap and maybe even free if you keep your eyes open. Oooh here we have something called The Super Shopper, it's a buy, sell, trade magazine, people advertise everything from cars to pets, if your city has something like that, I suggest picking up a copy because there are always some great finds in there.

Good luck!

Find a nice framed picture that suits your decor and style. Build a frame on the wall the same size or bigger that the tv, put hinges on the framed picture and attach to the frame on the wall.

Same principle as hidding a wall safe.

I can't take credit for this I've seen this done in someones home.

Hmmm....maybe a folding screen type thing? We made a small one for the kids to play with out of a TV box, I think - maybe you could use a refrigerator box, cut it into arches at the top, and then cover it with fabric, collage it, or paint it?

It won't hide it, but you can distract from it by putting large housplants around it - like ficus trees? Good luck!

I like the frame idea.

I have my tv in my bedroom. It's a hulking 27 incher. One evening, when I had way to much time on my hands, I felt whimsical. I painted the frame of the tv with fake gold leaf (I used my fingers) and when it dried I stuck on jewels from an old necklace. I think it looks a lot nicer. now if I could only find a picture to cover the front when I'm not watching tv.

Do you think window clings would work?

They wouldn't cover the screen but I saw some fish ones at the craft store and you could make it up like an aquarium.

We are saving up for something with doors on it but in the meantime I tend to drape a large piece of black fabric with gold stars on it to make me think about having to unveil the tv to watch it.

we drape fabric over it also. i love it. the fabric we use is a weaving i made in peru, but you could use anything. looks SO much better than having a bare TV.

Wow, thanks for all the ideas! You guys are great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads