missing kitty :(

My sweet little Spot went out for a walk this morning and the stairwell door was open and he hasn't come home yet. We've been out calling for him; I've put signs up at the nearby posting places and the mailboxes for our apartment complex. His microchip is finally linked with our information and they've sent out their emails.

Any ideas on what else I can do?

2. # ADS

Our kitty went gallumping out our gate when he had only been with us for about 6 weeks and he was gone for NINE DAYS!!! My then 12YO son and I combed the neighborhood at twilight for a week, and then Sunday put flyers under all the house welcome mats on the streets we thought we had seen him. We came home after running out of flyers and not half an hour later got a phone call from a woman who id'ed our Felix as under her neighbors' house. As luck would have it, she was a cat rescue person. She got him in a cat cage and back to us by the next morning. Felix was a changed man after that; he was so grateful to be home and he's still very devoted to his humans and his home territory.

If Spot has been out before he'll make his way home when he's hungry or cold. If this is his first time out he's probably scared and lost. Try looking for him and calling him at twilight, and enlist the help of as many neighbors and medium-sized children as you can manage. Miracles DO happen - we got our Felix back, you can get your baby back, too.

He's back!

I was in the middle of a dream when I heard a cat crying - our cat is almost entirely silent, save purring and the occasional silly non-meowing noise. But it was clearly from the left side of me (and I was even in the other bed, so I was able to distinguish which side the cat was on; the other bed is perpendicular to that one) so I went outside and went left of the bedroom and found a cat!

Not my cat, sadly, but that little cat who wouldn't shut up pointed me down the walkway around my building so I went the way he told me. And back at our front gates was Spot!

Of course, I approached him timidly to regain his trust, and I smelled like that other cat, and around the corner came that noisy meowing cat and my Spot dashed off and I didn't see where.

So then we went around the building a few times and finally realized that the other cat had gone inside the complex, so we followed him AGAIN and at first I thought he was looking up at the stairwell because Spot had gone that way, but really there was a baby mourning dove up there. As we were protecting the dove, though, Spot peeked out from one of the other walls and my fiance scooped him up and took him home.

I called Tritip's mommy (and I felt bad for calling at 6am, but I had almost called at 5am when I found him the first time) and he lives across the street so I shooed him that way as much as possible and she didn't seem too concerned so I bet he'll go home.

(And I thought it was weird enough when my mother who took an animal psychic class or two thought our cat was in the parking lot across the street, and we ran into a woman walking her dog who sees a orange cat there often, and I ended up seeing that cat the next round I went by there. But one cat waking me up and leading me to my cat? Awesome.)

I'm so glad you got him home safe and sound! I know how scary it it.

Cats KNOW. Awesome story!

My brother's noisy part-Siamese once led my mother to the back of the washing machine, where my nearly silent part-Persian had trapped himself. He could have been lost for days if it wasn't for his buddy.

oooo, yay i am soooo glad you found him!!! i don' t know how people have indoor outdoor cats...it would make me soooo nervous!!

Remove Ads

Ads