Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

cleaning suggestions, please

i just moved! new apartment! need some tips on:

what is the best way to clean hardwood floors? and i also have tile in the kitchen.

i have a big tub chair - comfy!! love it. it is smelly, because my former roommates' dogs loved it a bit too much, too. what can i use to effectively clean it?

thanks gals.

2. # ADS

Vinegar and water is what we used to use for hardwood back home. (Gosh, I miss hardwood floors!) All those oil soaps are just chemicals that don't do much except pollute the air.

Are you sure the overall smell from your other post isn't from the doggies' favorite chair? Could you put that out on a porch and see if that helps?

rent a steam cleaner with an attachment. it cleaned my old couch right up, i had the same issue with roommates dogs haha.
    Or if you don't have enough money for that its not quite as effective but a light scrub with anti-bacterial soap and a spray down with febreeze or similar product then letting it air dry on a porch should do the trick.

Wood floors are the easiest things to clean in the world, I love them! I use a swiffer on them about once a week and a wet swiffer once a month. If the cats have an accident I just use water. For the chair, I would dust it with baking soda, let it sit, vacuum it, then air it outside.

the smell is gas, i am certain. i am preparing to call the landlord to speak with him about it. the irony behind all of this is that my neighbor, who is a firewoman and who has been living there for 11 years, came in the other night and didn't smell anything.....it might just be the odor of the apartment.

thanks for the other cleaning tips, though. i have unpacked, and the cable company will be coming tomorrow morning, and i plan on sweeping and mopping tonight - i bought a lemon to try the vinegar & lemon combo. I plan to try all of your suggestions, for trial runs, and see how it goes. my main concern is the kitties, i don't want to use anything that may make them ill.

thanks again - this helps a lot.

i liked the vinegar and lemon combo...i danced around and my cats just stared at me.

the smell is gas, and it is in the kitchen are mainly...gonna call the landlord (again) today.

i don't have a porch!! i have been sleeping on the big chair, and i don't smell anything but have been using febreeze on it.

I just used a steam cleaner on my furniture over the weekend. Saved $ by borrowing from a friend. Our furniture smells so nice and new!
    We had a gas smell in our apartment over a year ago. The stoves gas pipe had a leak! The whole thing had to be replaced.
    Good luck! :)

If your budget is low then you can try Mop And Bucket. It's low cost but effective on hardwood flower. Click here to check more on mop and bucket.

I hate cleaning that's why I use services of Dr. Shine window cleaning
    Last edited by ben123; 02-24-2020 at 05:33 AM. Reason: typos

I would hire a housekeeper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads