Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i need a bed to lay my head

moving this friday into our first apartment! we have been sleeping on a mattress on the floor - not exactly grown & sexy. any ideas for a good/sturdy, simple bed? not looking to spend a whole lot, if we could keep it under $400 that would be ideal. our aesthetic is simple/moderin-ish.

i was looking at beds with drawers underneath but haven't seen anything i totally love yet - muji has a bed with drawers but they're not actually attached to the bed. same with west elm. not sure how i feel about freestanding drawers - any thoughts?

2. # ADS

I would definitely try IKEA. They have wonderful furniture.

Although I don't have a bed with drawers, I do have a bed from West Elm. We bought it five years ago and I love it. It arrived in parts and I had to assemble it. It has been a great piece of furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcie
    I'll second this. They have some very cool, modern styled furniture that is relatively inexpensive.

Be careful if you actually go to the Ikea store, though. You'll get sucked in and have to look at every single cool little thing that they have. And you'll probably end up convincing yourself that ALL the furniture in the apartment needs to be replaced with Ikea stuff. I could spend days upon days wandering around in there.

Quote Originally Posted by LindsayMarita
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcie
    I'll second this. They have some very cool, modern styled furniture that is relatively inexpensive.

Be careful if you actually go to the Ikea store, though. You'll get sucked in and have to look at every single cool little thing that they have. And you'll probably end up convincing yourself that ALL the furniture in the apartment needs to be replaced with Ikea stuff. I could spend days upon days wandering around in there.
    It is so true! I love that store, but I have to save up time and money and go when I have really got in my mind what I am looking for or else I will spend too much!

I'm really trying not to get anything from Ikea - I live in NYC and it's going to be hell getting it back to my apartment and I also don't want to live like a college student. I saw a couple that I liked at Crate & Barrel and West Elm. Thanks for all the suggestions!

bed?

Well, im a thrifty shopper. If it was summer, I would say go to some yard sales. I see beds all the time as well as other furniture at yard sales. Have to been to any thrift stores? Good will? Salvation army? Sometimes you can find some nice beds. I would advise a new mattress though.

Re: bed?

Quote Originally Posted by patches
    Well, im a thrifty shopper. If it was summer, I would say go to some yard sales. I see beds all the time as well as other furniture at yard sales. Have to been to any thrift stores? Good will? Salvation army? Sometimes you can find some nice beds. I would advise a new mattress though.
    I second this - my local St. Vinny's always has a ton of bed frames. Right now I just have the simple metal frame that came with the mattress and a dust ruffle to disguise the plastic storage bins under the bed that I keep extra blankets and seasonal clothes in.

try gothic cabinet craft. if i remember right, they are affordable, and made of real wood. captain's beds a-plenty at that place.

thanks again for all the ideas. i live in nyc so the bedbug scare is something i'm quite worried about - we ended up going with a west elm bed, very simple and not too expensive.

gothic cabinet craft - i liked their platform beds with the drawers underneath but they seemed too puritanical for our place. the real wood was great as well but bf boo-boo'd that idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads